Hello from newbiesland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from newbiesland

Hi, I am new to drifting. I was introduced to the sport in a drifting course that took place in Loheac, France.

As a beginner, I have two questions:
    1. Why are a braking drift and lift-off drifting considered to be different? are they not similar ? (drifting due to a forward weight transfer)
    2. I do not consider "FF Drifting" to be real drifting. You cannot control and sustain the slide, only initiate it, and than terminate it almost immediatly. However, if you log something under the wheels (Tray Drifting), would this actually be technically considered drifting?

I'll leave question 2 alone...

As for #1, the reason why they are different is that they both make the car do different things. If you are going hard into a turn and lift off the gas the rear end will come out slowly, you can then control the drift using only throttle and minimal steering inputs.

If you use the brakes to initiate the drift one of 2 things will happen. You will understeer (depending on how strong your brake bias is front to rear), or the oversteer will be more pronounced and you will have to throttle up to account for the speed lost from braking.

Comment

Working...
    X