How to make trans am into drift car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make trans am into drift car

I have a 1987 trans am in my hands and want to make it into a drift car and any and all opinions would be nice. just curious about what engine and trans would be best to use. its going to be a long project and want to get plans down to get started. thanks for any input!!!

What's in it for an engine/trans now? As far as what would be best, I'd say a LT-1 backed with a T56, but even a TPI 350 w/ a 700R4 will work. With the inception of the LS, the LT-1 has all but dropped of the radar, but there's still a ton of stuff still available for them. 3rd gen F-bodies aren't know for being real stiff structurally, so I would recommend subframe connectors to start. Followed by bushings, springs, struts/shocks. And then the basic power upgrades(headers, exhaust, intake, cam, computer mod.....). If practical, put it on a diet! If it's a toy(not daily driver) yank anything you can live without. If this is your first exposure to drifting, above all this other stuff, round up a bunch of tires and hit any event you can.

Comment

Working...
    X