Noob Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Here!

i've been looking to get into drifting for some time now, but lack of funding(gf) has forced me to push back my dreams of eventually one day competting in formula D or D1 back a couple years. now that she is out of the picture i would like to pick up where i left off. i do have a little eperience drifting in my 2000 Mustang GT, but never really got to far or went too hard becuase it was my DD and didnt want to wreck it. i am considering getting either an early 90s Nissan 240 or an FC RX7. i was wondering if you guys could tell me of the pros and cons of each car to help me get idea of which i should get. im already slightly leaning towards the FC, but my friend owns RBPerformance so i know id be able to get parts easy for a 240. any thought would be appriciates!

First , Ninja Assassin was very cool!!!

Welcome bro

Before you even embark on a top level career, you have to start from the bottom up and dominate. To be honest if you are really good people will notice you etc etc. The top levels are already established. Like most of the guys there, you have to pay your dues in all facets.

I love drifting and If I had the chance yes I would love to slide with those guys, but its not on my mind. I go to the track and leave each day with a few more hours of seat time and a better drifter.

As far as your cars... I have not personally drifted a FC. I worked on a few and have buddies with them. The Rotary engine itself many will say is a CON... but when done right they are excellent motors yet highly volatile.

Im a little bias since I own and love my s13. Had it since 2004. It is currently on motor number 5, transmission number 3, maybe clutch number 8 and a host of other parts. Most of the work I did was during my college career with very low cash in the bank. I say this to say... you will have parts support and not have to be a thousandnair to slide.

The FC has support also but im willing to bet not as much as the s-chassis.
    Last edited by BigGameHit; 03-09-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

yeah i'm probably just going to pick up the s-chasis. i just wanna slide and have fun but i know me after a while im going to want to start competing. see to mee competing with guys that you know are better than you is the only way to reach max potential. like im not saying im gonna go out and challenge calvin wan(i'd probably piss myself if he walked by me right now lol) but im just sayin one day i hope to even slide with those guys even once. but i hear what your saying practice makes perfect

Comment

as far as the 240 is concerned only thing i plan on doing is suspension brakes and wheels & LSD just to get used to the slide.

Comment

Yea the thing is as Im sure you know... due to Americans getting a hold of drifting, It has progressed much super fast. Just put in your seat time brother and work your way up. It will require much sacrifice on your part if you wish to reach the top. There are many bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* drifters on the lower levels that you can slide with and learn alot from them.

I recently went to a drift school taught by Suenaga San from Team Orange. I had already been drifting for about 3 years at this point and felt I was progressing ok on my own. Just 5 1/2 hours of his time advanced me so much.. I could not believe it. Just keep an open mind and you will progress super fast with seat time and pointers from good guys around you.

Comment

yeah i know i remember the first time D1 came to california. thats seriously all i want is seattime. i know im not gonna be good over night. but i know once i have my car for drifting thats going to become my main focus outside of work. i feel like i already wasted too much time doing drag for the past couple years.

wow team orange?? THATS AWSOME!!! if i could get taught by anyone it be either Dai Yoshihara or Vaugh Gittin Jr....or the guy that drives the signal auto skyline but i dont remember his name

Comment

yea bro Im sure they have clinics

Comment

Working...
              X