No announcement yet.

First drift car an Fc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanx i hopefully have one around september unless i see a deal on one. and if anythink goes wrong with it ill have 3 hours every day with everytool possable to work on it "auto shop" and were getting a brand new $4000 eletric tire changer thanx for all your help guys

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymagic
      "auto shop" and were getting a brand new $4000 eletric tire changer thanx for all your help guys
      ahh see that's always a plus, i never took auto shop in school however i did start working at tire kingdom =) mmm free scrap tires. also i'd suggest a NA for anybody drifting, just my $.02 espically after being at a drift day here in ohio and a guy with a modded out tII drove my stock n/a and when he got out i heard him spike his helmet and shout "my car sucks" cause he was doing a lot better in mine than in his. personally i think the na's can take more abuse and they're much smoother revving, but hey if you gotta turbo you gotta turbo, if i do anything to my car it may be a supercharger, maybe... oh also my car has an open diff, no rear toe elims, rear steer still engaged and drifts just fine, you don't have to start out modding the car, i eventually will get to it, but right now i'm broke as anything, the car drifts just fine for me though.

Comment

yeah i asked about FCs the other day. im glad people are saying the N/A models are ok. i cant wait till friday! im going to stop by the dealer that had two. i hope they are dirt cheap. <*-)

Comment

Dealers are always expensive, best to do it private party. Just make sure you inspect the car before laying down the cash.

Comment

inspect it well, and go here to learn about what to look for

NA http://www.aaroncake.net/RX-7/buy1.htm

Turbo http://www.aaroncake.net/RX-7/buy2.htm

general stuff http://fc3spro.com/TECH/h2b.html

good info here espically at that aaroncake site, there's all sorts of goodies about how to do certian installs and whatnot, i reccomend it, it helped me learn when i was looking for my car also another plus of the NA cars is you can do this...

http://www.camdensuperchargers.com/index.php?pag=304

with them (watch video).

I'm still new to the rotary world but if anyone has questions, my aim name is bdwaggs40 feel free to ask and if i can't help i may be able to point you in the right direction

Comment

hey thanx everyone for all your help. can someone tell me more about the rear toe elims thanx

Comment

Thai Juku and all initail d pep read this

i was told by thai juku him self that that non of the night kids had a burst fireing system in there evo

my only message for perhaps to day is go watch initial d 3rd stage when he talks about his fu*/ing burst fireing system
                have a good day

and its not that sad if i dont know my initial d facts as mr juku explains to me
                in my email its just a good cartoon juku let go

ok

now in any case the only way i am wrong is to say that it was the emporers who had the burts fire system and there a big deal huh? sheesh (rolling eyes) in any case if i am right and i am gonna say i am then...........................................

in youur faceee

usually i wouldnt care but man dont write it my personal in box
                i guess were all tunin in to initail d trekies huh?

Comment

my bad

Comment

wrong thing i did

Comment

I think it's a good idea for one to start drifting in a N/A car. If they buy a turbo car as their first, they're going to drift on the road, or around a corner, and once they pass 3500 rpm's they're going to lose control. I know because I did the same thing. It takes time and patience to learn all of the quirks and mannerisms of a turbo car. Plus, N/A's need alot less maintenance, and rotary's already need quite a bit.

Comment

FC's are amazing! They drift great even stock, i dont really have to much of a problem even when drifting at low speed in mine you just have to really get the weight shifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                          Stay away from it...thats my future drift car...You can't have it...JK I like the FC, its gonna be my next car after I sell my 1st car... the manuel Integra LS(learned the basics in it). God, I hope the FC doesn't turn into the 240sx, but then again...its rare, and easily found in So Cal(where I'm from), so hell yeah...
                          Haha i drive the hell out of my 92 integ ls right now still saving for my drift car i also live in so cal

Comment

They are not as easy as most people claim.
                            I would go for a S13 if you're a beginner.

Comment

My first car was an 86 FC. I've owned a couple since then and i've drifted every one of them. Now i have a supercharged domestic that is like 3 times heavier. I find it harder 2 control but easier to initiate the drift. Have a freaking blast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways Spanky
                                I think it's a good idea for one to start drifting in a N/A car. If they buy a turbo car as their first, they're going to drift on the road, or around a corner, and once they pass 3500 rpm's they're going to lose control. I know because I did the same thing. It takes time and patience to learn all of the quirks and mannerisms of a turbo car.
                                i did not end up getting a RX7 but my friend did. he might not know how to spool up the turbo and show it off while showing it to friends <8- ) but i like it. turbo RX7 is a little rich for my blood.

Comment

Working...
                                X