Drifting in the rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting in the rain

Hey guys, Im nightkid, (new to this forum). I've already used the search feature to check on drifting in the rain and I couldnt Find any posts on it. I was wondering what are your perceptions of drifting in the rain, And What techniques you do.

I've gone drifting with my brother before in the rain and we couldnt get a solid drift. We were goingabout 30-35 mph and were stopping halfway through the drift.

hey welcome to drifting.com i think that clutch kicks and power over are good in the rain.

Comment

I angree but I like to feint into a power over. Clutch kicks and ebrakes are very easy to spin out in the rain. Breaking drifts are hard becuase your front tires have less traction. (I am a newb to breaking drifts and couldnt do them in the rain.)

Comment

werent you on the gtplanet forums? you got great vids man

Comment

Re: Drifting in the rain

Originally posted by nightkid007
          Hey guys, Im nightkid, (new to this forum). I've already used the search feature to check on drifting in the rain and I couldnt Find any posts on it. I was wondering what are your perceptions of drifting in the rain, And What techniques you do.

I've gone drifting with my brother before in the rain and we couldnt get a solid drift. We were goingabout 30-35 mph and were stopping halfway through the drift.
          Its its in the rain you dont even need anythign but weight transfers. People really dont know how to drift in the rain because it takes alot of finess. Remember DD15?? Just a little wet and people start spinning..but thats what practice is for. So start the drift earlier and make sure you throw it enough.

Comment

It's very simple to drift in the rain and is just as easy to lose it. One way to initiate and maintain a drift is to use the clutch to disturb traction from the drive line, then use the accelerator, variating pressure to maintain the drift. However, the easiest way is to use the ebrake (the most weight transfer) then ease into the accelerator when you feel the vehicle start sliding, in both situations using steering work to control the car. If your new to drifting you'll have to take time to understand whats going on before you start sliding. It may take time and research (watching videos, etc.) to fully grasp what happening before, during, and after a drift...study up.. To get a better under of how your car reacts, I would suggest messing around in an safe and open area, a sanctioned event would be ideal. When you get comfortable with the subject material and have a good idea how your car reacts (through some sort of practice), it starts to make sense. Also, drifting it the rain should be done at lower speeds due to less traction between the pavement and tires
            Last edited by SilviaLove; 07-07-2004, 11:00 AM.

Comment

u know whats fun is when u hit a really slick spot, such as alittle oil Its amazing how fast your car goes outta control

Comment

//Hey guys thanks for the info. My bro and i can only drift in the rain cause we cant afford the price of tires and because where useing a rented car since my dad trashed my acura legend.The insurence is giving us about a $1000, tuff price to buy a used car huh?any way after our rented car time is up what used cars are out there for a $1000-$2500 .

p.s. If you got a car for a little over this price lets say a few hundred i can check that out. I live in massachusetts areacode
                02368 if u bother to use the internet

peaceout//

Comment

Well fellas it seems to me like how i have a less powered truck it is easier for me in the rain. See my truck is stock height right now and so in the rain or a wet surface is the best place to drift for me. For two reasons one my wheels just slide, and two it is harder to flip over. See when it is dry my tires just tend to hop and my bed like how it weighs like 2 pounds just hop like a bunny all around the turns. that is why i need a drop and make both my wheels able to spin. I also need slicks.

Comment

Working...
                  X