No announcement yet.

Rotary Drift Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i were you...I would save up for a daily driver. Also work first then save up...and then have your parents cover some of the price, not get a loan. I'm sure they wont dig that...a loan that go in a second if you screw up. Cuz what if you hurt this drift car of yours, what cha going to do then?? Depend on your parents... show you couldnt be responsible enough???

Get first a daily driver, learn how to drive. Dont watch NYC cab drivers for tips...haha. Then get a cheap *Censored**Censored**Censored* drift car you dont mine beating up.

One more thing whats a "rotary drift engine"??? I didnt think the germans created the rotary engine for the use of drifting. I think its just a regular rotary engine. The engine doesnt drift, the driver makes the car drift.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
      If i were you...I would save up for a daily driver. Also work first then save up...and then have your parents cover some of the price, not get a loan. I'm sure they wont dig that...a loan that go in a second if you screw up. Cuz what if you hurt this drift car of yours, what cha going to do then?? Depend on your parents... show you couldnt be responsible enough???

Get first a daily driver, learn how to drive. Dont watch NYC cab drivers for tips...haha. Then get a cheap *Censored**Censored**Censored* drift car you dont mine beating up.

One more thing whats a "rotary drift engine"??? I didnt think the germans created the rotary engine for the use of drifting. I think its just a regular rotary engine. The engine doesnt drift, the driver makes the car drift.
      Actualy i think Flelix Wankle was a German American. Possibly even American born... can any rotor heads confirm or deny that?

Comment

Actualy i think Flelix Wankle was a German American. Possibly even American born... can any rotor heads confirm or deny that?
        I checked, Felix Wankel lived from August 13, 1902 in Lahr, Germany and died on October 9, 1988.

for more info go to http://www.monito.com/wankel/dr-wankel.html

Comment

Ah so he was german after all. Thanks for the info.

I could of sworn i had read he lived in america. Guess i was in error.

Comment

Nissan guy!!!!

Comment

the first rotary engine in a car was in the mercedes-benz C-111 and it was MR...and then mazda pay him to work the RE project with them...

Comment

damage is inevitable. times a 100 if your a new teen driver like me.

unless your a tofu delivering prodigy

Comment

Re: FDreams shatterd!

Originally posted by Velvet
                  Thanks for all the advice you guys have given me.

You guys are right about the FD and the problems they have and they problems they can cause for a teen like me. Its not the car for me just yet. So i thought of these alternatives.

So now im thinking about getting a N/A FC in my area. Its a 1987 in almost perfect condition and only 21,000 miles on it. It costs about $4,500 and is it worth it? Does anyone know how long these N/A FCs last without blowing apex seals or having anyother problems?

I'm also thinking about still buying a high milage FD and replacing the 13B-REW with one from the RX-8 (the Renesis, more specifically known as the 13B-MSP). Since this engine is N/A I doubt it has the same problems as the FD turbo charged 13B-REW. The only problem with this motor is that it doesnt have alot of torque in the bottom end and has to be reved up to really get the tail out. So do you guys I think should do this? And would it cost alot to do? I dont mind the loss of HP and Torque caused by the swap. I have alot to learn about driving and cars and I should focus on basic racing skills than drifting. I think this could happen with me driving in a Renesis powerd FD becuase it isnt as fast and more reliable. Tell me what you guys think.

And lets say I buy the FD and never do any kind of racing with until I get older, is it a good car just to have at my age without actually racing it?

And again, thanks for the help.
                  an n/a 13b with regular maintanance will last well over 150k. A renisis in an FD would be interesting, reliable, less weight ect...

Comment

An FC should be more than enough. They are fun to drive. And you can get them to go pretty fast. I am 25 with 2 jobs and the FD is still out of my range. That’s why I got the FC, that and the fact that is the FC was paid for 9 years ago.

Comment

All this bashing talk about my car....a pox on all of you!!!
                      But seriously,
                      Nobody under 20 should own a FD, reliability issues or not. Personally I think its a great car...money pit: yes, but a great car none the less. The problem with the FD was that Mazda wanted to create a car that would be a competitor of the 911s and M3s of the world but for the avg joe. The problem is that corners were cut in the creation, that and people just dont have the experience with rotarys as they do with pistons. As for the unreliability of the boost, it all comes in knowing your car and the boost pattern 10-8-10 for a stock fd. Any of the elder statesmen looking at this thread, if you have the money and the desire, a FD wont disappoint. Just get a really good engine....Gotham Racing, KDR, or RX7store make great engines along all levels. You can get a great rebuild with them for about 5k installed with whatever options you want....just my .02

Comment

My friend who has an FD and is much wiser and instructed than me also told me that same thing, THEY ARE HIGH MAINTENACE!! I 1st wanted an 300ZX, but i dont see alot of people drifting, or doing anything with em, the 1990's 1 did lose sport car and went luxury/sprts car but the 1986 300z would be the shiznite to drift. ANYWAYS i have settled to getting a 240. FD's are easy to find in the TRI state are like us, just go to www.cars.com www.autoshopperonline.com OR www.autotrader.com put in that small amount of info and you have all the cars to choose from!

Comment

Working...
                        X