Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance

Hey everyone. Im a noob to this site. Im in the market for a 240 and i was wondering from you 240 owners that use it as their daily drivers how much do you guys pay for insurance. Im 16 and i just got my liscence. I was also wondering if any of you guys live in the northeast area of illinois. Im in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and I was wondering if anybody can tell me about any events that i can go to once i get a car. Thanks a million.

I have liability with Progressive My 6 month premium is about $610, payments start from $115-135. Age 21. I know some people paying less.

Comment

My payments average anywhere from $75-$100 a month.

Comment

Full Coverage $119 State Farm....$30 for high Lilability. But I also have multicar discount, good student, low miles

Comment

mine costs 187 im 16 that only for liability too....she laughed at me when i said i want to insure my 240...i give the insurence rate 1 outa 10...!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
            Full Coverage $119 State Farm....$30 for high Lilability. But I also have multicar discount, good student, low miles
            And your a skirt.

Dispite anti discrimination laws they will charge you more based on your gender. Which im pretty sure is illegal.. After all they couldnt get away with charging girls more because "They cant drive good what with worrying there pretty little heads about cooking and dolls and stuff" but it is okay to charge guys more based on similar stereotypes and ignorant thinking..

Honestly they would charge black people more if they could, afterall black people tend to live in poorer areas that have more crimes..

i pay about 140 a month for liability on my 92 240sx coupe, only im 21 and have 3 speeding tickets on my record, the newest of which is about 2 years old. and i also have 1 injury accident.. Green light, the guy takes off, i take off, i glance away he stops. i bump into his fullsized pickup at about 5 miles an hour. there was no damage. Months later i found out one of the passangers claimed they had a neck injury thus making it a 2 point violation. same as drunk driving or racing.

By comparison my mother who has many many more accidents and tickets, and is no where near as good of a driver as i am (in both skill and normal driving) paid 60 dollars a month for full coverage on a 2001 civic coupe ex.
            Last edited by nissanguy_24; 07-12-2004, 12:06 AM.

Comment

^thats pretty ridiculous. And i bet you got ripped off on that whole neck thing if there was no damage. Its kinda hard to believe that at 5 mph especially if he has a pickup. Alright thanks everyone for your help. Now all i gotta do is find me a 240.

Comment

yeah i forgot what i pay on my FC, all i know is that i have to pay. it's usually best that i don't think about how i am getting ripped off, just pay. i am not too far from you I live in chicago, but i went to a wedding ceremony in bartlett

Comment

I pay around $800/year and am insured on the following cars: 1990 BMW 325i, 1996 BMW M3, 1999 GMC Suburban K2500, and 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited V8. I'm 18 and they don't know about my accident.

Comment

teamslipdrifter whats up im from glendale heights near bloomingdale and carol stream if u didnt know i to am 16 and i just got my license and my uncles 240fb im stilling learning manual but im getting there my parents dont let me drive it around the main roads yet cause i dont have insurance so im stuck driving it around my blocks

Comment

s fl insurance is one grand every 6 months no matter what car you drive if your under 18.

Comment

Chexmix78- cool, maybe we can hang sometime when i get a driftable car. Im the only one into drifting around here and it would be cool to have someone to give me some pointers and drift with.

GridRaceTech-wow, im kinda jelous... wish i could get a 96 m3

CFran55- maybe we could get together a sometime when i get a car.

Alright, thanks everyone for your help. I appreciate it. And im deffinatly gonna look into a 240...

oh BTW, does anyone know any good places to go to learn? thanks

Comment

more like we can learn together. but that's cool. i am in aurora every weekend, thats not to far from you right?

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
                            soooo car insurance prices are determined by grades too? don't get me wrong, ihave a license but my parents just haven't really paid for me yet as a new driver or "addition" to the family. imean i have a freind that drives with no insurance, he just uses his mother's.

Comment

yea thats a huge risk...you can get your license taken away if you get in an accident with no insurance. and mothers insurance doesnt count, you have to be added to the account.

Comment

Working...
                              X