how much do you spend on tires? also the cost of entering at a driftday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much do you spend on tires? also the cost of entering at a driftday

how much do you spend on tires and how often?

I was reading on http://www.driftday.com/dd18.htm
    and they say to bring a spare set of tires, at least, im just trying to figure out about how much you'd spend on a typical drift day outting, its $120 just for the entrance (much more than i thought entrance would cost) plus tires..

anyone here ever participate a driftday event? how much did you spend on just tires?

Prices of tires vary so much that anyone's response would be moot.

The professionals went through one set of tires every three laps at the February 2004 D1 at Irwindale.

Comment

Usually its only 100 for guys for drift day and 120 for onsite.

For beginneers I suggest bringing a 4 tires, burn the ones you drove in with and and extra pair and then have a pair to drive home with.

Comment

Don't forget that without wheels, tires are worthless. Invest in four or six steelies to mount your tires on. Personally, I'm headed off to the junkyards sometime soon to pick up as many steelies as possible for as cheap as possible. After that, I'm going to chum up with the manager of the parts department at the local Nissan dealership and try to get him to sell/give me some used tires dirt cheap/free.

Comment

when you burn out tires you just burn out the rear ones correct (assuming FR)?

what would the ratio be of rear/front tire wear when drifting? say replace the rear tires 3 times for everytime you replace the front ones 1 time?

Comment

Originally posted by lagcisco
            when you burn out tires you just burn out the rear ones correct (assuming FR)?

what would the ratio be of rear/front tire wear when drifting? say replace the rear tires 3 times for everytime you replace the front ones 1 time?
            yea kinda...but its approximate. Considering we don't know how much thread is in the front, but I suggest you put a pair of tires iwth the most thread and highest treah wear in the front.

Comment

I disagree, Marz; I believe the front tires should have decent grip for better overall control. However, a lot of people make do with crappy all-season bricks, so it's not essential.

Comment

Working...
              X