Suggestions for a noob?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a noob?

'ello folks. the name's nate. i'm looking to get into drifting in the near future. just had a few basic questions and for the most part i'm just trying to jump into the swing of posting here. I live in florida close to xat racing in tampa and they do sr20swaps for 4200. I want to go that route, i want an rps13 with an sr20det and an lsd off the bat. since i won't have enough money to get the swap initially, are there any cheap as free recomendations regarding the stock ka that could get me sideways before i can afford the sr? i'll probably start with a little chassis tuning and a set of wheels and some really hard rubber. i won't have much time or money to replace tires, and obviously i won't be able to really take advantage of a nice set of advans on my first drift outing in a parking lot. anyways, suggestions would be nice. sorry if i'm asking about something i should search for, it's my first post and i gotta start somewhere.

Put the gas pedal down. It has the power a beginner needs.

Comment

LSD is all you need. and some lowering springs with good shocks. non adjustable shocks. you want it stiff and low with good lsd so it can get crooked.

Comment

good deal. i was sort of hoping that would be the reply. i really won't have any money to spend for a while after i get the car, so i need it to do what i need it to do without spending anything. are there options to the standard tomei and quaife (or however they're spelled) cusco and what not 900 and 1000 dollar diffs? i want it to take power, and well, and i of course want it to be relatively smooth and effecient, so i don't want crap, but that's alot to spend on a diff for a car that cost just about the same. as far as springs and stuff go; i'd sort of like adjustable shocks. so i can get some basic tuning skills while drifting. i'd like to get some hands on and really start to learn how a car reacts to the ways i set it up. as far as springs go, you said low and stiff. would you recommend more of a tightly wound race oriented coil, or is your average eibach or whatever gonna do?

Comment

get non adjustable shocks, like koni or kyb. you are just going to be getting a feel for the car and drifting, chaning the settings will only mess with all of that. get eibach springs, because i'm sure this car will be a daily driver. these springs are just fine.
          also get a "spin turn knob" to keep the ebrake from locking when you pull it (the ebrake will still function when you want to use it for parking by simply pushing out on the button, but otherwise it does not lock, making it easy to pull the ebrake and let go without fear of locking the ebrake up)
          JDM VLSD will do JUST fine. i know of plenty of guys who drift with that.

Comment

Working...
          X