No announcement yet.

HEEL TOE/Double Clutching Tech. hELP !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heel-toe braking is really easy in my opinion. all it is, is matching the engine rev's with the transmission rev's so there won't be any engine braking. I do it all the time when driving around town. I did it first time I tried it(I also have size 14 feet, dunno if that helps), I do it in my dad's Dakota. I have to stay on the gas a littlie bit longer because all of the backpressure. on the engine. it pretty much doesn't want to rev at all. here is how I go about doing it.

---push in clutch and brake at the same time
    ---downshift from 3rd to 2nd with clutch disengauged
    ---bring rpm's up to around 2100 rpm's
    ---engauge clutch.

it's that easy. you should get it 2nd or 3rd time you try it.

and also, there is no need for double clutching because your car should have synchronizers. you will only need to know how to double clutch if you have a dog box transmission.

rock.

Comment

here's another advice for you, don't get caught.

Comment

it's true that you don't NEED to double-clutch, but in something like a 24 hour endurance race, or any race where you have to pay for broken gearboxes, double-clutching will help reduce the wear on the synchros and make your gearbox last longer.

Comment

thanks for clearing all that up for the dumbazzes, Hachi Kid. Stupid F&F... everywhere i go i hear people asking me how to double clutch in their civic, which probably has a slushbox to start with... ricers....

Comment

Working...
          X