180 vs s14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 180 vs s14

whats a better over all drift car between the 180 and the s14 i have heard that the 180 has pretty bad understeer but nothing about the s14 any info will be appreciated.

People make do with each. Boils down to driver preference.

Comment

eh, I hear the S14 has better weight balance, but that's not always an immediate advantage. As far as the understeer, that's fixed with light tuning. I'd go for an S13 because of price alone.

Comment

Own/owned both, I don't see "understeer" being a natural thing in an S13, that sounds like someone with little to no driving experience telling you some false information.

S14 has a little stronger chassis/body, less body flex, a little wider track, and a little longer wheel base, so it is naturally a more stable car making it a bit easier.

Stock for stock, with only suspension mods, I feel the S13 can be a little more "agile" because of weight difference, however once weight reduction is done on an S14, it to feels just as agile, yet still more rigid.
        Last edited by Society Mike; 07-28-2004, 06:15 AM.

Comment

S13 ~ cheaper, lighter, looks better.

Comment

The S14 is much improved over the S13

Although Nissan Japan did run the RPS13 180sx along the S14 platform for a few years

Comment

Working...
            X