Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question?

this might be stupid but.....bear with me. I always wonderd how they got the names for the cars like 34 for a Skyline GTR or a 86 for a Hachi-roku or FC for a Rx-7.....how do you know what to call your car by.....like mine i have a 1995 Honda Accord EX.

These names come from the vehicle codes for each car

Nissan does their codes in three-letter and two-number sequences. For example, RPS13 (180sx)

R is the body type (hatchback)
    P is the motor equipped (SR20)
    S is the chassis code (Silvia)
    13 is the generation (89-94 in the U.S.)

the BNR34 is the B body (GT-R), the N motor (RB26DETT), and the R chassis (Skyline), in the 34 model (latest generation). They call it a 34 for short.

The 8-6 is the same kinda, 86 being the second part of the Toyota vehicle code AE-86. Im not sure what the AE is for, but the 86 is the generation of the car ("86" actually refers to 1985-1987). Im not too versed on Toyota stuff.

Mazda uses another system Im not too sure about, but I do know the second letter is the generation, FC preceding FD in the RX-7's. The full code is FC3S, but I dont know what the other stuff is for.

Can you tell I love Nissans??

Comment

You should be able to find your chassis code on www.driftcentral.com

Otherwise it shoud be part of the VIN

Comment

Wow preety simple thankz.

Comment

i have a CD. thats what a 1995 accord is called.

Comment

Yeah most the nicknames come from it, especialy the popular cars. Its also functional. saying FC instantly tells the other enthusiest roughly what year and type of FC it is.

S13 is pretty generic, but i can make it specific by saying "PS13" or "MS13" ect.. It also lets fans refer to all S13s with out having to list half a dozen differnet names.a Honda guy saying he has an EF is easier then saying civic then listing the year.

I also named my car personally, i dont know if most do it. Buts its named Belldandy, and i refer to it that way around my friends and when im alone. BUt often times ill call it "the S13" or around other S13 guys "the S13 coupe" or "My S13"

Comment

Working...
            X