old Rx7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old Rx7

I have a question i am in the process of learning how to drift gettin taught by friends of the family and teaching myself. I just recently found an old Rx7 no quit sure on the exact year but is an old one. I was wondering if that would be a good car to start with and if there are enough parts out there to get it up to quality. Any info would be appreciated especially links to websites that would have parts.

first off, not to discourage you the rx-7 is a great car, but one thing is that you'll find many mechanics will refuse to work on it or charge a ton for work because of the rotary engine, simple solution pick up a haynes manual from autozone and have fun. the best way to learn is by doing it yourself, just don't plan on it being your daily driver, also there's many many parts for the fc body style (86-91) and i'm sure you'll find parts for the first generation if it's earlier than an 86 try www.rx7club.com for info on it. just beware that if not treated right the engines go bad quickly, however if you give her some TLC you'll have a great drifter that'll be very reliable. I drift my 87 rx-7 and it's a good drifting car, many say it's tough to learn in but whatever it's the only car i've drifted in so i wouldn't know, i seem to do decently with it. if you have any questions my aim is bdwaggs40, feel free to hit me up i'm by no means an expert but i know a thing or two. anyway, good luck

Comment

that email address doesn't work can you give me the full length one. Also i plan on doing all the work myself i already work on my other cars and have good knowledge of it. I appreciate all your help. I think the car is like in the 80's so i hope it will work out i am gonna start stripping it down and welding the roll cage soon so we should keep in touch.

arennmc5@hotmail.com

Comment

wasn't an e-mail addy, was aim sn for messneger, my e-mail is bdwaggsREMOVEMEFIRST@yahoo.com remove the part that says to remove, so i don't get spam

Comment

old RX7's

Find out what year it is. Old RX7's didn't have a LSD. The only first gens that did are the 84 and 85 GSL models. Easy way on first gens to tell is, if it has disc brakes in the back it has an LSD. If not it has an open diff. Also if it's a first gen take off the rear sway bar. Makes it alot easier to drift.

I am currently selling my 83 RX7 GSL (no LSD). And don't be affraid of the wankel, alot of people are, but just dig into it and it will show you how easy it really is.

Also watch out for rear axels, I bent one last weekend drifting, and yesterday it finally just snaped.

If you need more info on the RX7 I have a whole CD of nothing but info and mods for it.

Kelten Sivola
          sivola1@sbcglobal.net

Comment

Ok, the first and second gen RX-7s had LSDs as options and you can find plenty of rearends so it is an easy bolt on if you don't already have it.

Comment

Working...
            X