No announcement yet.

Toyota Corolla 86 GTS, First drift car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah, yeah we have a publication called AutoTrader as well as a few other local papers. Just the other day I saw a red Fc3s parked at a gas station for 1750 obo it was a turbo and in great condition. I have a feeling though that prices will be going up as drifting catches on down here in the Sunshine State. :/

Comment

it does appear that the original poster is no longer interested, however I thank you for this information, as I am planning on getting an AE86 sometime in the next year hopefully. I did come across it through Initial D, but that was not what made me want it. I loved the styling of the car and just the way it stood out, especially the hatchback. When I learned that it was often associated to drifting, which I had always loved prior to seeing the AE86, I began to consider getting it. I plan on getting it and your information has helped alot with where I should go once I do have it and what to watch out for. Thanks

Comment

what about the 1stgen rx-7s, are those any good for drifting? i found one real cheap.

Comment

Go for it.

It's FR, light, has decent power (well, maybe not...), manual transmission, and you can set yourself apart from everyone and their brother with an S13, FC, or AE86.

Comment

Ive azlways been curious about a few cars for drifting, like the Fb (1st gen rex) or the 240z..

Comment

what are the specs and whats the chassis code?

Comment

The 1st generation rex is known as the Sa or Fb3s i believe (ive seen both used for the car so whatever)

They make around 100+ horsepower NA using a carbed set up, they got a 5 speed transmision and weigh around 1070kg/2350pounds (rounding that off) so theyre fairly light weight.

Comment

its a 2 seater right. perhaps as a project car. not as a daily driver. cant the fc turbo motor be swapped in that?

Comment

Working...
                  X