This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FF drift

I dont got my license or permit yet, I'm still 15 so I'm not able to buy me own 240. So I'm try to slide my moms 00 galant es, or my sisters 00 altima se, or at least do a burnout, but it wont do it, even when the asphalt is a lil moist the tires spin for a sec when i let go and thats out it. The E brake wont hold the cars on place, especially the galants i could drive it for minutes before noticing the e brake light. can anyone give me any tips how to slide FF cars, and wat to do when the e brake doesnt hold the car in place.

Eh,
    I'm 15 too, and drifting with a FF is damn pain. I remember trying to in my grama's honda civic, and I could barley bust it!
    What I did was when your about to turn, pull the e-brake, then shift down, and gun it. Once the car starts to drift, pull the ebrake again, very quickly, and shift back up and gun it. It takes a long time to really know how to drift an FF, but from what I have done, that seems most reasonable.

Good Luck!

Comment

i say dont do it cuz #1 you dont have your drivers permit or a licesnce.....and that (if you get caught) will suspend your license till your 21 or longer.....you dotn want that......so get a permit then practice in a open lot......or an non-illegal place

Comment

safety first, i used to drive around in my civic and bust a u turn on a rainy day and pull the e brake and slide for a bit, for FF do it in the rain, it is must easier, and maybe add a little power to the car maybe that might help

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaDrifter
          i say dont do it cuz #1 you dont have your drivers permit or a licesnce.....and that (if you get caught) will suspend your license till your 21 or longer.....you dotn want that......so get a permit then practice in a open lot......or an non-illegal place
          here's a better advice. when you have someone sitting next to you when you're driving with a permit, don't drift (it will ruin your parents' trust IMO). drift only after you get your license and when no one's around.

Comment

First off, I'm not 100% possitive... but I believe both those cars can have TCS... being traction control. If they do, make sure its turned off

Are them Manuel or Auto Transmissions?

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper
              here's a better advice. when you have someone sitting next to you when you're driving with a permit, don't drift (it will ruin your parents' trust IMO). drift only after you get your license and when no one's around.

Comment

Re: FF drift

Originally posted by sr20
                I dont got my license or permit yet, I'm still 15 so I'm not able to buy me own 240. So I'm try to slide my moms 00 galant es, or my sisters 00 altima se, or at least do a burnout, but it wont do it, even when the asphalt is a lil moist the tires spin for a sec when i let go and thats out it. The E brake wont hold the cars on place, especially the galants i could drive it for minutes before noticing the e brake light. can anyone give me any tips how to slide FF cars, and wat to do when the e brake doesnt hold the car in place.
                Didn't we tell you not to drift it in another thread?...

Comment

Originally posted by Okinawa Drifter
                  Eh,
                  I'm 15 too, and drifting with a FF is damn pain. I remember trying to in my grama's honda civic, and I could barley bust it!
                  What I did was when your about to turn, pull the e-brake, then shift down, and gun it. Once the car starts to drift, pull the ebrake again, very quickly, and shift back up and gun it. It takes a long time to really know how to drift an FF, but from what I have done, that seems most reasonable.

Good Luck!
                  I hope your grandma is ok...

Comment

.........whats up with all these 13,14,15 year old kids who want to drift? you guys are missing two key things.....a license/permit and a car....if you did have a permit you're not going to be able to drive to a secluded area by yourself to learn how to drift and you won't be able to do it around whoever you're driving with and ripper is right about your parents losing trust in you...and basically learn how to drive first before wanting to learn to drift...because in the end if you don't know how to drive you'll get screwed just trying to initiate a drift.... as of right now the best thing you could do is learn about it and gather the info...
                    not to hate on the great Ken Gushi but guys i don't think you want to end up in his situation....

Comment

If FR is bad enough to learn how to drift, FF is even worse.
                      On top of that you're using an "economy / luxury" car which has a very soft suspension - I would not recommend it.
                      For FF, you need to know your suspension and how it reacts - moreso than FR.
                      You basically slide the car until you know when it sticks and then accelerate out of it.
                      There is nothing fancy about it.

Comment

Get a shifter kart, stop being an fkn moron trying to slide your parents/sisters cars.

Yes, I already told you this once, and yes, I still think you are a useless idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                          Get a shifter kart, stop being an fkn moron trying to slide your parents/sisters cars.

Yes, I already told you this once, and yes, I still think you are a useless idiot.
                          hahaha play nice man well I'd hate to break it to you kids but Parry is right about trying to slide in your parental/siblings cars...just gather the info and learn to drive....

Comment

Originally posted by DrifterN
                            .........whats up with all these 13,14,15 year old kids who want to drift? you guys are missing two key things.....a license/permit and a car....if you did have a permit you're not going to be able to drive to a secluded area by yourself to learn how to drift and you won't be able to do it around whoever you're driving with and ripper is right about your parents losing trust in you...and basically learn how to drive first before wanting to learn to drift...because in the end if you don't know how to drive you'll get screwed just trying to initiate a drift.... as of right now the best thing you could do is learn about it and gather the info...
                            not to hate on the great Ken Gushi but guys i don't think you want to end up in his situation....

Or How bout Autocrosses, Track events, or Driving Schools?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
                              Or How bout Autocrosses, Track events, or Driving Schools?!?!?!?!?
                              yeah whats up with these kids hahah.......
                              its cool they want to get into drifting but come on lets get down to earth....you guys need 2 very important things......and have fun

Comment

Working...
                              X