ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 RX-7 Non-Turbo with LSD (Suggested Upgrades?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 87 RX-7 Non-Turbo with LSD (Suggested Upgrades?)

I just got a 87 Rx7 non turbo with limited slip diff and so on. I need to know the recommended up grades to start off with to have a ok to good drift car.

Any info is much appreciated thanx

Buy good front tires...
    Buy new adjustable suspension...

Comment

The car drifts well on the stock suspension, that doesn't have to be were you start. I'd suggest a few light engine mods. A KnN FIPK can be picked up cheap and is arguably the best intake for these things. then a new header(the stock one is absolute junk) and depending on where you live the removal of the airpump, and other emissions devices. A new clutch is a big help in these and a nice set of brake pads all around would make a difference.

Then, when your ready for suspension I'd suggest the racing beat package to start you out. It's just over 400$ for front and rear sway bars and a set of stiffer springs. Bang for the buck it can't be beat.

Comment

i would go for the toe elimanators. it makes t drive like a real RWD car. i bought mine from www.corksports.com for 55 bux. but for now since u r startin off keep the stock supension. it lets u a more forgiving car and its easer to control. good luck

Comment

sell me the rear end and convert to a 4 lug open diff, haha ok just kidding on that one, but really, don't touch do any mods just yet, drive the hell out of the car first, the rear toe eliminators i don't consider a true "mod" because many times those bushings are worn out anyway. but yeah drive the car, learn everything about it, then start slapping new parts onto it

Comment

Well with out the toe eliminators it’s like super hacis for the 240. The rear is unpredictable with out them.

Comment

that's why i said to get them

Comment

Originally posted by Dorifto FC
                Well with out the toe eliminators it’s like super hacis for the 240. The rear is unpredictable with out them.
                It depends.
                It's a myth about it being "unpredictable".
                Most people who can't drive will tend to say that.
                Go talk to HoMastah who drives the FC NA - he still has his DTSS, and he says it helps to have the stock DTSS for him.
                He is one of the better drifters in an FC NA in the country...

Comment

Originally posted by HX-50
                  that's why i said to get them
                  O... whoops, my bad

Comment

Originally posted by f8ldzz
                    It depends.
                    It's a myth about it being "unpredictable".
                    Most people who can't drive will tend to say that.
                    Go talk to HoMastah who drives the FC NA - he still has his DTSS, and he says it helps to have the stock DTSS for him.
                    He is one of the better drifters in an FC NA in the country...
                    well i gess its all on wht u like and get use to.

Comment

Working...
                    X