for all the "is this a good drift car"?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for all the "is this a good drift car"?'s

ok i have only been on this froum for o....about a day and i alredy see so many threads saying "is this a good drift car" and such. well if it is a RWD car you can drift it for the most part. now i think from here on out any one who wants to know if any car is a good drift car post it here.

LOL very nice. People dont seem to get that there isnt one good drift car. It also depends on your style of drifting. Some people love massive power to break loose the tires and man handlw the car. Others like to have a smooth flowing drift started with mostly inirtia (underpowered cars). Its not ALL about the car, its the drivers skill.

Comment

Can I drift my minivan?

Comment

Originally posted by Minivan_Driver
        Can I drift my minivan?
        yes.

Comment

did you steal my name 'SMC'?

edit... oh its your name.. cool nice coincidence

Comment

just the thread i need!
            how do you guys think an RA65 Celica would fare as a drifter?
            i've been reading around and i believe the weakest part of the car is that it might not be suited to high speed drifting as the 22R-E engine is all about low-mid range torque (it's used in toyota 4runner trucks).. also as far as i can tell there is no lsd but a supra lsd of the same year should bolt on with minimal fuss..
            do you guys think it would be beneficial to stiffen the chassis with some stiffen sway bars?
            also whats a decent engine conversion for the car thats not overly difficult?

Comment

how about this car

i am in japan (iwakuni) first of all and i have a 1991 toyota supra i know this car can drift. i have also heard that it is a hard car to do so in either being because of the weight and/or the way the previous owner setup the car (it is setup to road race thorough the mountains) pics coming soon...... with all that being said i have heard bpth sides people saying it is a bad car to drift and it is a good car to drift.what do you all think? i would just like more opinions on the subject

Comment

how does the 4rth gen supra drift?

Comment

Im lookin at a 91is MR2 Turbo, S13/14, 300ZXTT, or an 89+ RX-7. Any opinions? I just got my learners permit, and have a job, so I plan to get a car when Im 17 (15 right now). That will allow probably anything under $10k. I have been operating motor vehicles since I was 7, so please dont tell me to get a "beginners car so i can learn the ropes." Any help would be Uber good though.
                  Last edited by UberSpeed; 08-11-2004, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Re: for all the "is this a good drift car"?'s

Originally posted by smcginnis87
                    ok i have only been on this froum for o....about a day and i alredy see so many threads saying "is this a good drift car" and such. well if it is a RWD car you can drift it for the most part. now i think from here on out any one who wants to know if any car is a good drift car post it here.

I think people should just buy the car they like and learn from there!!!!!!!!

Comment

re

A car with a long wheel base relative to its width is good.
                      EX: nissan 240sx, miatas, any kind of corvette, some camaros.

The wider and shorter in length it gets the harder its drift is going
                      to be to control.

Comment

miata you say...hm...that sounds suprisingly good...

Comment

Raptor5900: the 4th gen supra can drift pretty good although its pretty heavy of a car and you only see a select few competing in drift events but they are exceptionally good and replacing parts can be costly.....

KAUAI KANE: with the right modifications and settings then it should perform relatively well.....I've never tried drifting a supra so i wouldn't know and also i heard both sides of the story too so you should give it a go and see the outcome....

Comment

Re: Re: for all the "is this a good drift car"?'s

Originally posted by Tuner
                            I think people should just buy the car they like and learn from there!!!!!!!!
                            i agree 100%
                            everybody has different taste in cars and just because someone says that car is "good" to them it might not be good for the person who is looking for a "good drift car"
                            so stick to your interest!

Comment

Okidoki.
                              Well i wanna start off by saying hehe i have never really had any ambition too drive..i live out in the woods so it never appealed to me as being "Fun". Just another bill to pay and a way to end up killed lol
                              driving has never been a issue...i knew how to drive a car within the first hour behind the wheel....and another hour i could parrel park ect... just fine. it isnt complicated to me and i feel comfortable on the roads.
                              But recently i've been becoming more intrested in the whole car seen and i was wondering a few question.
                              1) Basically,just having my thoughts confirmed,any RWD card will drift correct? doesnt really matter WHAT kind it is along as its RWD and has some balls too it.
                              2) What would be a good under4-6k car for me to start off on...yes this has been asked...but not by me! Sorry if this has been asked before.
                              3)Yes Initial D got me started in this....ok so thats not question,more of a statement lol

(edit)
                              I would also like to say....i would like a car that isnt a sports car due to me being 19 and i dont wanna pay up the *Censored**Censored**Censored* for insurance!
                              Last edited by Serpreme; 08-15-2004, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X