This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About a 510

Hey, ive had my license for a few months now, and ive been stuck driving a van around, which is no fun. And I really need to work on my shifting, because the longer i go, the worse i get . But anyway, my dad always talks about how hed like me to get a 510 and id personally like one myself. And i was wondering what you guys thought about it. This car wont be a drift car, well, i wont do drifting on it for a while, but i want this car to be a car i learn driving skills etc. in and then work my way up to a s13 or 14. Something a little more powerful.

And on the subject, what about an ae86 vs. a 510. You guys keep saying that an 86 is harder to learn to drift, but what about driving, and learning in that department???

thanks for any opinions and info

I don't see any downsides to owning a 510, other than rust repair.

They can be made to handle well and make decent power. The chassis is good and there are tons of aftermarket parts out there.

Comment

im not sure if you will know this, but if anyone does, my dad currently owns a datsun 2000, and if i did buy a 510, id probably send the engine away for a little restoration. Not sure if i would do it for the 510, but my dads 2000 ould use a little fix. So if anyone knows of a place that specializes in datsun resturation of car and engine. Plz let me know.

Comment

The 510's are sick. I wanted one but they are hard to find in good condition. And to upgrade power instead of getting a 240 just drop in an sr20det. I have seen many a Sr powered 510 and they are sick and fast.

Comment

about the 510

those are awesome cars there is alot of people back home that have em and i think it would be a good car to start off withand also about the 86 who ever said it is a hard car to start with is retarded those are one of the more easier cars to learn how to drift with

Comment

Lol the datsun 510... Just read a whole article on it in Super Street mag, those are sick as hell bro... Check em out.

Comment

Re: about the 510

Originally posted by KAUAI KANE
              those are awesome cars there is alot of people back home that have em and i think it would be a good car to start off withand also about the 86 who ever said it is a hard car to start with is retarded those are one of the more easier cars to learn how to drift with
              Actually the Drift King said the 86 is a harder car to drift than the silvias or anything else with larger power, Since you dont have as much power to break loose the tires you have to rely on technique. So naturally if you are just starting out you have little technique. The eight six can also be a little spin happy at times if you dont get it perfect.

Comment

Is it tough to find engine parts for an 86?
                I'd think so becuase it's a rare car to see eh?

Comment

I have never had trouble finding parts for the eight-six. www.club4ag.com is basically all eight-sixes and 4age engine owners.

Comment

Nice hijack boys. Let's get this show back on the 510 road.

Comment

510's are well-designed and balanced, and there are parts for them. Id take a 510 over an 8-6 in that its a nissan and it is less popular than a Hachi. Also, like someone mentioned before, you can awap an sr20 or VG30E into it and have more power.

Ever thought of a miata? Seriously.

Comment

Sorry for posting off-topic guys,
                        but thank you so much GRiDRace!!!

And hey, check out the 510 in the latest issue of Super Street, man that is kicking!

Comment

yeah, i have the latest issue of super street, just havent read the article yet, but i will.

Comment

Yeah it tells you a lot of how much of a beast that thing is man, and how much repair went into it. Make sure you got your mechanic gloves on for this project

Comment

haha yeah, im going to have to pick up a pair

Comment

Working...
                              X