YEAH! im getting a mustang, but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEAH! im getting a mustang, but..

i grew up on domestics (mini-vans and wagons)and i'll stick by em. I finally saved enuf money (about $3000) for a fairly old fox-body mustang. woo hooo.. but now it seems that i can cough up alot more then i hoped for which can fetch me a 1999 Mustang GT!!!!

anybody have any experience drifting em straight out of stock?
    how do the mustangs compare to each other?
    what would u get? (i know its up to me, but i would really like some insight)

thanks!!

Id go for the fox body. If your on a tight budget, spending all the money on the car to start with isnt what you want to do. Get a cheeper car then you have some money to spend on tires, events, and mods you need.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

i wanna get an old fox body as well, well i am debating wether to get and old fox body or an mkiii supra. i wanna get the old one cus the 5.0s get massive power without spending alll your money on the engine and everything for it exists like coilover suspentions and everything else you woulf really need. the only think that bothers me is the gas and how much i would have to spend with one cus i am an ex SUV driver and i would spend $30 on gas! which sucked the big ones

Comment

Find a 2.3 turbo and have at it. Better gas milage and good power and lots of after market.

Comment

Stick to the 302, gas mileage isnt that bad till you start moding it, then your spending money anyway.

The svo turbo is a POS.
          BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

thanks for all the input, i really appreciate the help.

i know fox mustangs dont have a good weight distribution (58/42 ?) and i seen alot of threads where people so some weight reduction work to get it to balance better.

this might sound stupid, but i was walking by my local gym, and they had some broken machines down there, and im thinking "Hey why not just strip out those weights, drop them on the back of the (my future) mustang and vola, near 50/50." Weight Addition! lol

is this the random nutty thoughts of a newbie? or would this actually work to improve performance?

Comment

it is a nutty thought. If you want to improve it, you dont want to add weight but remove it from where you dont want it. Then again, if your just beginging, it doesnt matter if your starting with a stock car or a drift monster, you have to learn to walk before you run. Your still crawling, at least learn to stand up before you start changing things.

Comment

Well put Alex

Comment

ite thx for the response, ill be sure to remember that.

Comment

Muscle cars are HELLA TIGHT! I work with this guy who owns a Camaro Z28. He let me drive it after work one day, and those things are awsome! Anyways he has told me a lot about mustangs, and since you want a domestic, heres the car for you. I would get the 94-95 mustang LX. Why, you may ask. Well, the 94 95 models share the newer body style (now with less stank) AND they have the 5.0 litre pushrod V8. For uber power, ups are simple. Get Exhaust, Intake, New Gears, THen throw on a blower. The compression is good enough and it comes with forged rods, so its ready to blow! So thats that. Im sure a big boned V8 like that would be fine for drifting, considering all the power you'd get out of it. Maybe not the most nimble, but there are an array of suspension mods to suit your needs. PM me for more info

Comment

whats decent gas milage?and i actually heard they got 50/50 weight distribution, i forgot where and if it was the 5.0s.

Comment

na, none of the foxs and the newer mustangs have a 50/50 weight distribution, unless u count the 2005 mustang which get pretty close to it.

Comment

Actually, the Fox body Mustang weighs in 1 average Trailer park wife and a Richard Simmons fork lift case (about 600lbs) lighter than a Mark 2 Supra turbo and gets the same gas mileage.

I say the Fox as well and agree with all the others.

Comment

Working...
                          X