No announcement yet.

Having Trouble Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highly doubt it has LSD. The SE models, have them as option, but in his case, sounds like base model truck.

My suggestion is to find a dirt lot or dirt road. Trying to get the truck sliding with it's weight, and lack of power doesn't help you to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
      to tell if you have lsd, jack up the rear end, spin one of the tires, if the other tire spins the same way, then you may have a factory lsd, if it spins opposite, then you dont, and most dont.
      So scientific.

Roughly...wind it up to 4k and bomb the clutch. If ya spin em both, you're limited slipping.

Don't yell at me if you blow it apart

Comment

Or easier. Go around in a circle in second gear or something and gradually increase both power and steering wheel lock. If the inside rear wheels starts spinning without the backend stepping out, you don't have a lsd. If the backend steps out and throw you into a donut you have a lsd. However, with a lsd you might experience understeer to. If you have good traction, you might find that the traction push the front end out and you get massive understeer... Either way, you have a lsd.

Having said that, if you are very new to drifting, don't worry about this stuff. Just play around and learn to control the wieght transfer and stuff. Just make sure you have a good run off area and don't do anything stupid. You might get an adrenalin rush and get excited, and that's when you make the bad moves. Control yourself and the car.

However, my best tip is to get a decent car and start going to autocross events etc. Then you'll learn the basics of how to handle a car very fast. You'll never become a good drifter unless you know how to control a car at speed...

Comment

hey fsr you are on Racesimcentralforums yeah? you made some great cars for racer. i just got tired of the poor tracks and nearly impossible online play. LFS and real life for me.

PS good advice, autocross is a gooood thing to do.

Comment

well we are done for a long while, forever with that truck. We had a problem with hit and run while we where inside a store. thanks for the help guys, too bad it ended like this. oh btw no LSD
            Last edited by Xantos; 08-14-2004, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X