Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excalty. Learn to drive.

Comment

Agreed. learn grip before Drift. Everyone thinks sliding a car around is cool. But the first few times you lose that rear traction, it will scare the sh!t out of you. Trust me. Get comfortable with yourself, your skill and your car before tearing up the slide.

I'm still learning myself as is everyone on this site. If someone can show me something, I want to learn it. Remember. "LISTEN" to someone who is better than you. This is one sport where "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, Baffle them with bullsh!t" does not apply. That is your best skill right there. The ability to listen and mimic. Mimic what others are doing. Then develope your own style from what you take in.

Comment

Yea, i know i need to actually grip drive for a while first. I dont intend to start drifting until i have a decent amount of skill with grip, i just want a good platform to drift with, and drive normally. and it is scary the first few times out. i went with a friend in the snow out here, fun, but scary. thanks for the advice evry1 and keep it coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
          Do 89-91 TII's have abs?
          Yes. Unless you take it out.

For the kid that wants a car. Get a corolla or a first gen rx7. Both are awesome fun cars with low power. There just something you can kick the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of and not worry about later on. The lightweight cars are always really fun to begin with.

Comment

Re: Re: RE:

Originally posted by Can A Bowl
            not to mention insurance. I was told its considered a sports car. Sports car + under 25 = a sore a$$.
            I'm a 17 year old drop out with no income and 1 wreck and my insurance is only $60 a month on my FC... Thats NOT expensive.

Comment

buy any corollla

i would say buy any corolla no what what year as long as it is before 1987, they are all RWD yeah most did not have limited slip, yet you can work on that later......if you watch old school video you can see that people would drift with old 7o's corollas or mazda rx3's ..as long as it is rwd it will get you somewhere in regards to learning how to control a car..because hoenstly if you cant see it in your mind you can produce it to your hands and feet.

so i would say go corolla they are cheap ..if you blow the engine you have endless options to do swaps

Comment

Re: Re: Re: RE:

Originally posted by FC3S
                I'm a 17 year old drop out with no income and 1 wreck and my insurance is only $60 a month on my FC... Thats NOT expensive.
                where you from?

in cali.. under 25 have a high insurance rate.

Comment

Originally posted by baboon's a$$
                  my insurance is only 130 a month on my FC and I got a $hitty driving record. Well that and I got the multi car discount.

My advice is this.... if you want to get an fc get an fc. but if you're seriously gonna drift in whatever you get buy a second car if you can...doesn't matter if it's a pos as long as it runs good . That way if you break you're car you're not S.O.L. That's what I did anyway. and it works for me.
                  is that liability insurance, cause if it is that's a lot i'm only paying 65.00 a month w/ multi ca and my record sucks. ( got into an accident with in 6 months of getting my license, but that was 2 years ago but but this year i managed to get 4 speeding tickets. an improper turning-lucked out, and a careless driving- newbie cop being an *Censored**Censored**Censored*.)

Comment

things is WAYYYYYY different in GA. Yeah that's liability. They base insurance here on what area you live in also. But like I said I got a BAD driving record.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: RE:

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                      where you from?

in cali.. under 25 have a high insurance rate.
                      I'm in idaho. Pretty craptastic insurance rules over here. Dont know how i managed to get $60 a month. Its the same rate as my '75 chevy luv. Haha

Comment

Just steal a car its free nd it wont matter if you brake it just steal another one! mwahahaha

Comment

i have a few FB's myself wit the 12b rotory motor, they are for sale, a pair of 2 for $1000 cuz one was in great condition but got crashed and the other has something wrong in the motor ( dont know how to work on rotors yet, im still learning) and you can interchange parts to make one good one and have a parts car you can keep in the back yard to go to when you break something drifting! i hope you like this offer, and we also have a 85 corolla 4 door 5 speed, i like it , it needs some work and its a ok car, but what i have personaly selected for you is a 86 Toyota Supra MKII, for sale $2,500 runs great, awsome motor, 5 speed P-type, supra wheels, i have drifted in it b4 and it isnt as good a starting out drifting car as a hachi roku but its a real powerfull car, i hope this interests you... btw i live in Fresno California and feel free to come take a look at them anytime.. i kno its a long drive to get here but you can have someone look for you
                          Last edited by ; 07-07-2004, 09:30 PM.

Comment

and for posting in the thread on where this topic has gone when i first learned to drift in my supra as posted for sale, i mad lost control into a patch of dead dried up weeds and grass becuase i kinda got addicted to the sound of a high reving DOHC supra motor and didnt let off the gas. about the 5th try i finaly got it using e-brake and shift lock mix, and none of my freinds belived me and now i can drift ok, im no pro and the car wiggles alot when i drop the drift, im still letting off the gas too quick..

Comment

now to post about insurance... my insurance is $2,500 per year for a 17 year old guy with c+ grades and 1 minor accident... so im keeping it safe when i can

Comment

Originally posted by theflatlander
                                is that liability insurance, cause if it is that's a lot i'm only paying 65.00 a month w/ multi ca and my record sucks. ( got into an accident with in 6 months of getting my license, but that was 2 years ago but but this year i managed to get 4 speeding tickets. an improper turning-lucked out, and a careless driving- newbie cop being an *Censored**Censored**Censored*.)
                                hey, ND is densley populated, taht's why i think it's very low compared to cali.

Comment

Working...
                                X