is a celica worth it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is a celica worth it

ok here I am again. I would like some input from you guys who know what your talking about. I have an opportunity to buy a 1986 Celica GT. not the Supra version either. how ever i don;t know if it is an FR or not. it is really clean and the engine was rebuilt and the title is clean. the guy wants 1500 for it. it's an auto but that can change. please let me know what you think its worth it or not.

thanks all

Those are nice cars, but I would get either the GT or GT-S model. ST doesn't seem worth it but thats just me. Plus they're FFs. 87-91 there was a version known as the GT4 (aka GT-ALLTRAC) that was turbo'd and 4WD which are also nice rides.

Comment

my friend has one and he swapped in a crate motor into it. Supposibly pushes like 185hp witht he ITB's. Right now hes running hte stock intake manifold though and its still pretty quick. Has good enough power also to drift.

Comment

Don't get FF... FR > FF. Don't get AWD as it's expensive to fix 3 different differentials, a transmission, like 5 axles...

DOH... I'm dumb...

Matt.
        Last edited by Craftsman; 08-19-2004, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I was around toyota celicas back in the eightys when the word drifting ment what you were doing when the teacher was talking. A 86 celica gt is the best thing to get if you are starting to learn how to drift and also need it as a daily driver. I was in a club back in 88-89 with guys that were the first in our area to have showgun kits and web style rims on celicas. we also used parts from the 85-86 supras to make it easier to kick out the back ends of the cars. Take it from me rear wheel drive is the way to go.

Comment

NO DONT BUY IT. if i were you get the mk2 1985 celica or supra. you can do a BOLT on swap with 6M motor (cressida motor) with that body chassis. and they are FR on top of that. good drift project but not alot of ppl ever do it cuz of the weight. they like to compare it with the ae86. but in my opinion its a good inexpensive car to look at and parts come cheap.

Comment

new development

well i just found out that it is an AUTO!!!! ok so how hard would it be to drop in a 5spd? and also what do you guys think would be a good price for a good body condition and rebuilt engine?

Comment

BUMP

Bump

Comment

Make sure that this celica is rear wheel drive before you buy. And if you do buy start the bid at $800 and try to stay under $1000. Post back when you find out.

Comment

price

that s what i was wondering. if it is RWD. the guy selling it doesnt know and i cant find anything that will tell me. and the guy wants 1500 out the door.

Comment

85 or less celica/supra = rwd. 86 and up or 4wd or fwd

Comment

I have a 81 celica, and it goes great.
                        Just make sure its FR and you'll be fine

Comment

you read too much shakespear ;P

Comment

If its the 3rd gen body its rwd, if its the 4th gen body its fwd. And wouldnt the motor be north south for rwd and est west for fwd? Also the GT/GTS only had like 115 hp but the celica-supras of that age had 160 hp. personaly id much rather a celica-supra cause they look cooler an the hp thing. But theres not many celica supras around where i live so ill probly end up getting a gt/gts too.

Comment

how many generations of the celica are there?

Comment

Working...
                              X