Hey guys i got a question for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys i got a question for you

i know this has probboly been asked a million times but....

Since i might be getting a car soon from my parents what do you think is a good car to start with OTHER THAN A S13/S14 because i hear too many people have this car.

Originally i was going for a eclipse gsx 99 but i hear awd is bad for drifting and that the eclipses break alot.

All i want in a car is sleek low car that has the potential to be really good at Power and handling with a few aftermarket parts with a 50/50 weight cause i hear thats good for drifting.

Thanks for the help

Well what cars do you like?

Comment

i would prefer something other than honda and would want it to be something that not alot of people use to drift even thouigh any car with of the type i mentioned above would be very popular

Comment

3rd gen F body, e30 bmw, m1a1 abrams.

Comment

why does it matter if a lot of people have s13/s14s? they are good cars, thats why people have them.

Comment

I'm assuming that this'll be your first car cus you didn't mention that but historically speaking the 'rents chip in for the first set of wheels, if at all.

What's your driving experience? My first advice is be skeptical and drive everything before you buy it. Even same year and models have diff driving characteristics because the previous user could have been a car lover or never maintained it.

Whats your mechanical experience? It's always good to have a car-savvy copilot when doing this, somebody who can pick out why it's doing what it's doing. You might like the feel of the transmission, but are you liking it because it's new or used in? I thought i'd say that cus i had a friend who bought an old 190e, loved the clutch, then went to replace it when it finally gave out (a few months later) and just was never the same.

Most people on this website will tell you that Drifting is more for the individual and not so much the guy looking to put all the latest and greatest most expensive crap into their car. Preference is key, not so much performance when you put it head to head with the rest of the market. That goes for aftermarket as well.

Keep in mind that ride noise is adjustable, Height, Steering, weight, all can be changed to your driving style. Thing's that cant be changed are windows, blindspots, dash height, and of course length, width, headroom... all the obvious stuff but be sure not to get too giddy and overlook the basics.

Besides all that, I'm a beemer fan, so of course I'd recommend the E30 to everybody. The car's one of the best platforms out there. But still, look at it all, drive it all, take your time, and find your own niche.

Comment

I wouldn't worry if "its the same car as everyone else" although drifing is about your style were all still doing the same thing drifting. For your first drift car get one that suites you and your price range.

Comment

look at car sights a pics and specs of cars an when you see a car that looks cool to you do some research into it an get it. If you dont want to be like everyone else you may as well base your choice on looks or hp or something instead of "what drifts good" cause what drifts good is what drifters have.

Comment

Working...
                X