Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Flaming!

PEOPLE PEOPLE STOP YOUR FLAMING

Flaming in these forums is getting rediculous and needs to be stopped. There are too many arrogant and ignorant people in these forums who think they know everything about drifting. I'm not saying that these people dont contribute to some of the questions some of the noobs may have but they do it in a manner that they act like smart @$$es. When that happens you get threads straying away from the topic and more about people arguing about "oooh the S13 is the best car ever" or "Youre 16 you know nothing about cars, you suck". What im trying to say is that we all have to make drifting.com a welcome community where noobs and experts can share thoughts, ideas, and stories that will make us all better drifters. Besides, we all will eventially be drifters here so lets make love and not war!

Make love not war?

I believe you mean smoke not love.. lol..

Anyways, man you have a great point. But why did you post it in the newbies section?

Aside from that flaming is going to happen anywhere you go and this is because we are all human, made up of different ages and experience levels and different backgrounds. When you bring a group of people together who are demographically made up of these charataristics your going to get "flaming".

The best thing we all can do as a drift community is to share throughts, be kind and considerate.

Those people who think they know too much about drifting are either full of it or just rude and they need to share their knowledge not promote themselves as being the high all mighty. But alot of that agressive flaming comes from senior members who are fed up with 13 yo posts about rubbish.

I believe that those 13 yo's are as bad as any senior member who flames a newbie.

So what can we do about it?
    well really nothing. But try and set the right attitude for everyone to follow. I think honestly alot of the people don't drift, but would like to. And those people should be the most considerate because they haven't even tried it and seen how hard it actually is and how much real skill it takes. See its not how much you know but how well you can apply it.

Anyways good post. Hope people can stop flaming some day

Drifting is sooo fu*king mad, if only practice could be done 24/7

Comment

Yeah velvet, I know what you mean, people these days are just to tense, and stuck up. In my lexus thread, I didn't know much about a 2jz, and got flammed 3 pages for it... almost 4.

But flamming will never stop my friend, it's been with us since the dawn of the internet.

Comment

Lieniency will just result in further catastrophe. If we do not respond to people in a strong manner, others will not learn. If someone gets flamed for not searching first... who cares? It's just the internet, it's not like we're all in a classroom and two people suddenly engage in fisticuffs and someone could actually get hurt.

Grow tougher skin.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
          Lieniency will just result in further catastrophe. If we do not respond to people in a strong manner, others will not learn. If someone gets flamed for not searching first... who cares? It's just the internet, it's not like we're all in a classroom and two people suddenly engage in fisticuffs and someone could actually get hurt.

Grow tougher skin.
          What he said

Comment

Originally posted by Tuner
            What he said
            What he said

Comment

I think most flaming is a result of people posting here when the shouldn't . What I mean is, for example I have a Miata. Why would I post here asking what good sway bars are, when there are tons of Miata boards on the interweb?

There is at least one message board for every car ever produced. My suggestion is that the person should go there first before coming here.

If you have a 240, www.sr20forum.com , Miata www.miata.net , Honda, www.clubsi.com , Lexus, www.clublexus.com , etc. , etc. , etc.

Comment

Tuner is right. I've been researching cars since, oh... 1998 and I've been on message boards since 2001 or so. 95% of the knowledge that I have is from reading, not from asking the dumb questions. The reasoning behind that is that the dumb questions have already been asked and answered many, many times. Now, it may take a little searching to get the correct answer to your question, but please invest the time to search. Search on google, search on every forum you can get your hands on. Search and read, search and read. If you can't find the answer, then ask the question.

Comment

Listen to Gridracetech, he has taken the pebble from the masters hand.

The best part for Drifting is the part that you don't have to buy, you already have one, a brain. Read everything that you can lay your eyes on. Take it all in. Then apply it to your driving. It's that easy.

Comment

Three things about this:

If you think this is flaming you are a little girl. I haven't seen anyone get really ripped on yet. Being told to shut up and search is not a flame, that is a reminder to follow basic message board etiquette.

Waaaay to many people are here who are asking silly hypothetical questions instead of practical ones, and this is lame. If you have a legit question all of us "flamers" will try to help you...if you have some reatarded mongoloid POS question that there has already been 2000 answers to that you are too lazy to read or too numb to comprehend than yes, I am going to tell you that this is the case.

If you are 14, 15 years old and claim to drift, of even really drive, I don't believe you. I simply don't. You have no skill, an ego that's too big, and are massively overconfident. Come back when you are 16 and have some seat time and enough experiance so you have at least a basic understanding of how a car drives. At that point I can help you. I really cannot help someone make informed deicisions or learn much when they have no seat time. That is all there is to it. All you Takumi's need to do what I always tell you to but none of you ever listen because you have SR20's in your eyes...get into kart racing. That will teach you something about how to drive a car.

Comment

Working...
                    X