No announcement yet.

Sr20dett???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe just close the thread before it becomes a ever-growing cancer on the General board.

Comment

sorry for being off topic, but I have sat idly by while Excat rags on everyone, and I was fed up. I do drift, in my overweight, non-turbo, automatic MK3 supra, and it's hard as hell, but I can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
        here
        http://www.drifting.com/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=65
        Yea you could put that, but the question pertained to the sr20dett, which would actually have to be located in the tech section ----> http://www.drifting.com/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=29

Comment

twin turbos on a sr20? im sure its been done, but its really too complicated to be something popular. Most guys just go for a well fit turbo if they are looking for responses. On inline engines to do twin turbos it becomes sequential like the skyline or supra. But this is very complicated to fabricate up if the car didnt already come that way, and can have problems, like the sequentials in the FDs. talk to ghost of duluth for good examples there.

Anyways to answer your question it would be interesting to try out but not very practical, and not very common.

Comment

I'm wondering for a good reason. I have a friend who is 15. He owns a 240 coupe with an SR20 in it. Actually, the bottom of the block is cracked so it doesn't run.... but anyways he was talking about TT'ing it once he fixes the engine. He was going to use Apex'i turbo's. Oh and BTW yes he is somewhat rich.

Comment

Is he going to replace the block, because you can't fix a cracked block. Well atleast I wouldn't even try, because It would be a weak point, especially if your shooting for high hp numbers.

Comment

Twin turbos on a SR would be idiotic and a complete waste of money.

Why? Because if your friend just picked one properly sized turbo and set up the car with quite a bit of dyno time, he'd make plenty of reliable power all across the rev band. He also wouldn't have the extra weight of the second turbo and all its associated piping. With twin turbos would come more cooling need. Please tell your friend to go read some books on the subject, and maybe read up on SR20DET buildups at zilvia.net, freshalloy.com, and nissaninfiniticlub.com.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                  Twin turbos on a SR would be idiotic and a complete waste of money.
                  well, not really. if you want twin turbo's the main reason is becuase they are sequential (so they can't really spool they high). when one turbo slows turn or turns off, the other one takes over. hence they are squenctial.

but if you want more power, get a single big turbo. they give the most boost. for drag or off road reasons.

Comment

Its complicated and unusual, but not as rediculous as it sounds, the rb26 are sequential turbos, and thats not much bigger then the sr20.

Comment

Originally posted by BartoszMakowski
                      Why does he need to know cause he is 14... im 14 too i know more then you. And he drift's gt3 I bet you since he was 13 like i did. How old are you 20.... ? You started drifting your ae86 (caugh caugh sr-5 caugh caugh) you just slided once or twice and you think you're Takumi!!! Im going to get my license at 16. So I will start drifting before you will even buy your new coilovers. By the way. Me and my dad are buidling a 240sx with a low milage sr20det or even rb25det. It will have Kaaz lsd. 2000dollar supension with 5lug converision. Bride seats but don't worry I will start workin in march when i turn 15... so i can pay about 80% for the project!!! Biach....
                      How is it that you're so well versed in my history? Oh wait, no, all of that is incorrect. By the way, you have no concept of working life if you think that some part time job flipping burgers is going to get you enough money to pay for 80% of some built 240.

Comment

Enough personal insults in this thread, i do expect that to be the last one.

Comment

Yea, control em.

I think twins on the SR is a waste of money. I have twins on my FD and hate em. Well, I actually hate the whole car but I hate the turbo's just a little less than I hate the engine. Gridracetech is right, a good single with proper set-up will make plenty of good range power for what your friend needs but, if he is 15, he needs a KA to learn in anyways. You can't run before you walk. That's just a wrecked car waiting to happen.

Comment

I am totally with you driftersil80 he i was wondering what job are you going to do to get some money? whatever job it is it sounds like it has a pretty good pay!

Comment

I drift mr2 in gt3. its kind of easy i guess since the back end is so heavy and all you have to do is a lil weight transfer. but my friend can drift the 240 sx and i can also drift the Castrol Mugen NSX.

Comment

It's not my 240 its my friends. Ands his parents pay for all of his shizzle.

Comment

Working...
                                X