BMWness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMWness?

Well, my neighbor just got an audi A4 with stage 3, quattro, and all that yummieness. He gave me a ride to school yesterday, and i forgot how much i love german engineered cars (other than chrysler, if that counts). Luxury and performance blended perfectly to form a fast, comfortable ride. Audis, however, are front drive/front based AWD. BMWs, however, are RWD. So i was thinkin about an older M3 or other 3 series (preferably with the 6). I know someone on here had a bimmer for autoX, but i lost his name therefor i cant PM. so, anyone got good/bad reports/experiences? any help would be Uber.

Well I have a 1999 BMW M5, with 400 bhp @ 6600 rpm, needless to say its faster than all the M3's I've came up against. But alas, its pretty heavy, and though I have attempted, Its not my drift car (despite my name lol). Its just too heavy, and I prefer a light car for drifting. Now in your case with the M3, I have seen it drifted alot, and I believe its a very good drift car. Some of the guys at the us drift nationals thing in virginia had M3's, and they were pretty good, but one guy wasnt that good of a driver. Anyway! I say go for it, I have a love for german cars because of their saftey,luxury, and design, thats why my M5 is my daily driver not my drift car. Im not putting down japanese cars in any way, my drift car is japanese and I wouldnt have it any other way. Anyway, im just saying do whatever you wanna do, but I do think an M3 would be a great drift car.

Comment

I was thinking about a BMW for my current car, but my pricerange left me at around 7 years old or more and my dad was determined for me to get something new or very near new...so no Bimmer...yet.

I was looking at the 3 series for weight, not really looking at power first. Their 318ti was a cool little hatchback, and she weighed in under 2800lb. Moving up to a 325, 330, etc.. you gain power but at the cost of added weight. The 330 would be interesting with its available power, but you're looking at pretty new and a bit heavier. If you're interested in one, try to find a pretty old one that's in decent shape. German engineering should stand up to the affects of old age well enough. If you aim for the mid to upper-mid 90's, pretty much anything available should be cheap, under $5000. You might have to look around for availability and aftermarket parts before you lock in on a model and year. I never really looked into the Bimmers far enough to provide you with much more info.

Comment

Working...
      X