Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s13 real name?

hey...

I've been searching for the S13 real name and cant find it...

i checked 240sx and 180sx...almost every year models..and cant find it...only the "converted" headlights ones

an S13 is a Silvia in Japan and such but in the states is the equal of the 240sx the year model is 89-94 im pretty sure and for a few years after is the S14 then S15 hope this was right and that it helps some.

Comment

i checked and the one you gave me didnt look like this one (the tail lights)

Comment

your probably thinking of the sileighty. 180sx tail lights with s13 silvia headlights.

Comment

S13s:

Silvia, 180sx, Sil-80, Onevia. The latter two are just combinations of the original models. For instance the Silvia front on 180sx rear is, duh Sil80. And Vice versa... 180sx front on Silvia body is: Onevia.

Difference between model years is engines, also the difference in US models, we never got any SR20s in an S chassis. Stock 240sx coupe is "Onevia" its the silvia bodystyle with the 180sx pop up lights. We in America never got Silvia front ends from the factory.

Comment

but can we get a Silvia S13 (like the one I posted below) in the USA...wich means Left seated?

Comment

No. We can buy the front end and put it on a 240sx coupe. Then, minus the Sr20DET, it would look just like the J-Land Silvia. (with a bad headlight beam pattern cause we drive on teh other side of the road). hehe.

Comment

S13 is only a chasis code based on frame.
                RPS13 is the fastback
                S13 is the coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper
                  S13 is only a chasis code based on frame.
                  RPS13 is the fastback
                  S13 is the coupe
                  S13 is Silvia with CA18DE(T)
                  PS13 is Silvia with SR20DE(T)

RS13 is 180sx with CA18DE(T)
                  RPS13 is 180sx with SR20DE(T)

And for US:

HS13 240sx with KA24E
                  MS13 is 240sx with KA24DE

RHS13 is 240sx fastback with KA24E
                  and finally RMS13 is 240sx FB with KA24DE

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_
                    S13 is Silvia with CA18DE(T)
                    PS13 is Silvia with SR20DE(T)

RS13 is 180sx with CA18DE(T)
                    RPS13 is 180sx with SR20DE(T)

And for US:

HS13 240sx with KA24E
                    MS13 is 240sx with KA24DE

RHS13 is 240sx fastback with KA24E
                    and finally RMS13 is 240sx FB with KA24DE
                    thank you for clearing that up, you beat me to it. maybe people will stop refering to my friends coupe as an rps13

Comment

but then how come this one is left seated and is a silvia?

Comment

It used to be a 240sx coupe (pop-up headlights) but was converted to look like a Japanese S13 Silvia.

Comment

always go to SMCs thread..I hope it's still around. just do a search on "S-Chassis" and hopefully it'll pop-up. It is very informational.

Comment

Originally posted by steph3n
                            but then how come this one is left seated and is a silvia?

Its just a face converison, unless they did the engine too. You must understand that we do not have the silvia face domestically. All it is are fenders, hood, bumper, and lights...domestically we have flip up lights and in Japan they did not, on a coupe.

um...how old are you??? It seems like this is getting hard to get through to you, are you legal to drive yet?

Comment

15 and no, i dont drive yet...getting ready tho :P

Comment

Working...
                              X