drifting in wet..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's wrong.

you can drift with any size tire. in fact, lower profile tires are better for drifting because they flex less, allowing a smoother transition when they lose traction. The sidewall doesn't flex and build up a lot of potential energy, and then suddenly snap back when you start to drift.

the only reason I wouldn't suggest anything above 17's is because they're damn expensive.

Comment

Ok man...

Comment

however, a higher sidewall can make it easier for a newbie to drift, because it's easier to get weight transfer, and the snapping of the tire as you go over the limit can help initiate the drift. as you improve, you'll want to move away from those tires so you can improve your consistency. (drifts with high profile tires won't be as smooth as drifts with low profile tires)

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm
          that's wrong.

you can drift with any size tire. in fact, lower profile tires are better for drifting because they flex less, allowing a smoother transition when they lose traction. The sidewall doesn't flex and build up a lot of potential energy, and then suddenly snap back when you start to drift.

the only reason I wouldn't suggest anything above 17's is because they're damn expensive.
          I thought low profile tires were no good for drifting gess i was wrong.

Comment

cheap tire is only good for oversteering the car cause it doesnt stick to crazy like high performance tire... and plus im to cheap to buy one... plus today was raining hard, i drift w/ it still have enough grip...

Comment

Working...
            X