X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which car has the..

top speed and more handle in drifting?

FC3S or 240SX?

I'd say the 240. Ive heared many people swear that is an easier car to drift. The SR20 is capeable of producing 450+ HP with some work. The FC is said to be a harder car to drift, but once you get the hang of it you shouldnt have any problems with getting it sideways (remember, in drifting, practice makes perfect!). Also Max HP ceiling for 13B FC engine is lower than the SR20 unless you do an engine swap with a 20B or 13B-REW but thats $$$.

As a rotor head myself though, I'd go with the FC.

Good luck

Comment

I'm unsure of what gearing on the 240 is like, but an FC is geared to do a little over 160mph around 7000rpm.

Comment

Well at our track 240s would take this one turn in 3rd gear were the FCs were taking it at the top of 2nd. For handleing while drifting i would have to say a 240sx. Although i havent driven one i hear that its a lot easier to drive than a FC. So i assume its easier to hold a drift in a 240sx.

Comment

I think it is a lot easier to pop the A$$ on a 240 than a FC. Me and this one kid I know traded keys. His modes were on his 240 as followed: tanabe exhaust, cone filter, tein Super sport coil overs. My mods were: tokico hp shocks/struts, Eibach springs. Custom exhaust and crappy auto zone filter. When I drove it I was so surprised to find out how ez it was to slide on out. The other kid in my car tried and tried to drift it but all he could do was over steer. so tomorrow I am buying a 240 and selling rx7 w/ blown seal ); since fc have that " toe steer" I think that’s what makes it harder for beginners. But that’s just my 7 cents.

Comment

Id go with the fc. SR may be able ot make 450 hp but thats going to be some serious modding. low 300s on a turbo fc to mid 300s isnt out of the question with the turbo Fc.

The fc is a little harder to break loose due to the rear toe adjusting, but once you learn how to get over that its easy to get sideways.

Then again im a bit biased, one of the best drivers i know uses a near stock NA fc and does awesome with it (most his mods are into suspension work)

Comment

240 of FC?

People r trippn i have drifted a 240 and an FC n i only had my license for 2 weeks, I drove my friends S14 and it was super EZ to drift with but power is low, my FC is a little harder but i think its a lot better wen u get the hang of it. Its a lot more faster unless the motor is swaped to SR20 on the 240 but if u get 3rd gen motor turbo it will kill the 240 with SR. Its not that much money either, swap the motor urself, i helped swap an SR20DET motor but it needs a lot of tuning n swaping a rotary motor is a lot easier than SR. FC3S is hella good at drifting and is good for low speed drifts wen u get good. But gotta learn without the Ebrake or get better brakes and ebrake if u want, i faint and clutch kick at the same time, it does the trick, most ppl r *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* to get the FC sideways because u go a lot faster than a 240 to lose traction wen ur learning. GO FASTER and try it in an open parking lot with a cones set up as turns.

Comment

oh yeah if u have an S13 instead of an S14 or a 180sx then FC is for sure better with a lot less understeer than an FC, FC is juss traction, its not known or at least wat i know its not known for understeer once getting it sideways.

Comment

240 are for newbs get a FC and join the club

Comment

Originally posted by SDRotary
                    240 are for newbs get a FC and join the club
                    The "broken-down-on-the-side-of-the-road" club?

Comment

THIS GUYS TRIPPN

240s all the way, i bet u havnt even had an FC or driven one before n u juss dont like rotary because u dont know *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about it, how to drive it, or dont even know wat to do with it. FC is more fun because of the high rev it has, im not sayin i hate silvia, 180s, n all that but rotary is hella sick wen u get the hang of it, its more of a challenge than S13

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                        The "broken-down-on-the-side-of-the-road" club?
                        the "7 miles over my 2000 mile oil change and now i need all new seals"
                        or
                        the 2.3 mpg club

nah, im just kidding, i like the s13 and the fc's alot. if something really nasty happens to my s13 i want and na fc with some tuning and a mild port job, i would love a turbo2 but i have heard the na's are much more realiable

seanfcs3- check your pm's

Comment

do i have to work on my car often to keep in shape like the FC?

Comment

do you have a car?

Comment

Fc reliability is over played big time.

Change the damn oil every 2k miles instead of 3k, use mineral oil instead of synthetics. Dont let it over heat. Your done.

Rebuild it around every 100k miles, give or take depending on how you drive it.

changing oil! oh so hard!

Comment

Working...
                              X