need help with my 280...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with my 280...

a couple of weeks ago i bought a really nice 1979 280zx, 30,400 miles, stored 18 years, custom paint job. looks and runs great. i was wondering if i'd be able to do some modifications to my suspension since it's so old. does anybody know where i could find some, and what i should buy? thanks in advance.

Try looking on the stillen website. They should have some parts sense they mostly deal with nissan aftermarket part or ebay also.

Comment

http://www.victoriabritish.com/z_zx_cat_page.htm

Heres a page already on the Z section for ya. They have Tokico, KYB, Eibachs...and maybe more. Its a catalog but its worth getting, every little thing you can find in it. If you want I can take a pic of the suspension page and you can see.

Comment

it was stored for 18 years? try replacing the gas tank or whatever. there might be rust from gasoline over the years.

Comment

thanks everyone. yeah the guy gave me a victoria british catalog from like, 2001. but i didn't see any suspension other than stock. i'm gonna check into that now though.

would a new gas tank cost a lot?

Comment

errr...you wouldn't really replace the gas tank unless you were having trouble with either sucking up junk into the fuel system that you can attribute to literally sucking up pieces of tank or leaking gas.

Look over all the rubber stuff on the car, change the fuel filter, basic tuneup stuff. You get the idea.

Comment

Go to Motorsport auto's website. They are the largest distributer of datsun Z parts.

www.zcarparts.com

Comment

thanks a lot! the z store really helps.

the only problem i have with my car right now is that it is automatic, and i was thinking about doing a tranny swap. but i was thinking about doing a motor swap down the road. any ideas on a more powerful motor that isnt too expensive that's easy to find a tranny for?

Comment

I got my Z's performance parts from motorsport auto, but I got the cosmetic stuff from Victoria British. A good motor to put in the 280 is the 280 ZXT motor... It's a little more durable, but it's really important to keep it ship-shape. Also, it's pretty inexpensive to put in a V-8. If you can find an aluminum block, it will also perserve your weight distribution. And one last thing... Have fun with it, man. My Z is a whole different animal now than when I bought it, and good luck on yours.

Comment

thanks XD

Comment

Working...
                    X