240sx is the same as a skyline??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx is the same as a skyline??

i looked around for a bit didnt find any thing very good but a web site or two but still never the less nothing good . In any case the nissan skyline is a good car and it way to expensive to buy the carstraight off the boat. I've seen some people with there 240sx converted to look and run like a r32 or r33 skyline i was wondering how can i get this done to a 240sx how much does it cost where do i get the parts and how easy is it to do

basically a 240sx to nissan skyline r33,32 car conversion

Comment

Originally posted by nightkid007
      basically a 240sx to nissan skyline r33,32 car conversion
      It would be pointless to spend all that money to get it to look like a skyline its only cosmetics. There are kits to make it look like a skyline well the front of the 240 atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by Raziel
        It would be pointless to spend all that money to get it to look like a skyline its only cosmetics. There are kits to make it look like a skyline well the front of the 240 atleast.
        Just like Raziel said, It's just the front end conversion so it's pretty much pointless. If your going to be drifting your car. Also don't waste your money b/c what if you have accident while drifting. All the money gone to waste just for looks. So yea pretty pointless if your going to be drifting, unless all you want is a show car, then good luck.
        Last edited by spooln7; 10-19-2004, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Whatcha do's is this: get an RB25DET (skyline motor from RWD skyline) and drop it into the 240 engine bay. This will cost anywhere from 4-6 Gs, and not to mention the expenses to get everything mounted, to get all the transmission stuff figured out and to do all the computor programming to get it running right. This guy that a guy at the restaraunt i work at knows (sounds fishy dont it) has a 240 with an RB motor in it and he said he had it for about 2 years before he got it to run in peak condition. Plus you may have to fabricate exaust type pieces because stock and most aftermarket dont fit. So overall i would expect to pay about 10,000 max, being slightly extreme.
          And for your other question, you can buy front end conversions and all that good stuff, but seing as how you will probably hit something when you take a corner too tight and tear the whole thing off, it is very pointless unless you are an amazing drifter (which pretty much no amature is) who will never damage the car. Screw it.

Comment

Originally posted by UberSpeed
            Whatcha do's is this: get an RB25DET (skyline motor from RWD skyline) and drop it into the 240 engine bay. This will cost anywhere from 4-6 Gs, and not to mention the expenses to get everything mounted, to get all the transmission stuff figured out and to do all the computor programming to get it running right. This guy that a guy at the restaraunt i work at knows (sounds fishy dont it) has a 240 with an RB motor in it and he said he had it for about 2 years before he got it to run in peak condition. Plus you may have to fabricate exaust type pieces because stock and most aftermarket dont fit. So overall i would expect to pay about 10,000 max, being slightly extreme.
            And for your other question, you can buy front end conversions and all that good stuff, but seing as how you will probably hit something when you take a corner too tight and tear the whole thing off, it is very pointless unless you are an amazing drifter (which pretty much no amature is) who will never damage the car. Screw it.
            I saw an RB in a 240sx here in norcal too. Some guy in sac had it. I mean its nice to say you have it but its not really needed. He ended up selling it cuz it had to many problems and he didnt have enough money.

Comment

thx peps but dang i wish i could get this done. Are you sure there isnt another way
              i could do this with another car maybe or is it way out of the question?

Comment

Originally posted by nightkid007
                thx peps but dang i wish i could get this done. Are you sure there isnt another way
                i could do this with another car maybe or is it way out of the question?
                Its really a waste of time and money. Stick to a regular 240, and when you get some skills you can upgrade to some kind of turbo.

Comment

you could get an rb20 or 25det, or an rb26dett. You dont need the rb26. For the rb25 you need new motor and transmission mounts as well as a new driveshaft. The make new motor mount kits for the rb20, but i think you can get away without them. You could also get a 5 lug swap and get skyline brakes and wheels.Sometimes you can get the brakes with a front clip, but they are probably rusty and beat. Hope this helps.

Comment

My buddy has an rb in his 240 and so far he has spent 15,000 on it and it still doesn't run. He says the wiring is a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* , but judging by the size of the tubo sitting in the engine bay it's gonna be all worth it.

Comment

there are quite a few s13's and s14's here in NZ that have rb20/25/26/30's in them. mainly because the rb20det is so much cheaper and easier to find parts for than sr20det. you will need the cefiro/laurel engine crossmember, the trans xmember from r32, r32 4door front driveshaft and 2door rear driveshaft. get the full rear subframe off r32 gtst so you have lsd and bigger brakes, for the front brakes you will need s14 or s15 hubs and the rest of the 32 gtst brakes should fit up. upgrade fuel pump and lines. replace all the wiring and it should start right up. sounds like a lot, but it's a 2 week job at the very most if you have all the parts. or you can buy a skyline from here for $4000 and ship it over as a parts car for $1500 and have yourself a nice 89 mspec gtst, not road legal of course.

Comment

they are not easier to find parts for on the us

Comment

I've seen the R32 front on an S13, and if it's done poorly the car looks like a phallus. If done well, it looks as if it came from the factory like that.

Too much money just for looks, methinks.

Comment

I think an S13 on an R32 front would look okay, but R32/S13's look good as they are

Comment

if u want want it too look like a skyline...?
                              well u dont ill tell u what you want you want sil-eighty tail lights with s15 front conversion...that is what u want.
                              you think you want it to run like a skyline swap an engine in its not much harder that the sr20 swap. maybe u should put in an rb26 tho thats probably too much money so lok for an older gen used one.

Comment

Working...
                              X