ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Race/Drift/Autox SR5? Is the 4AC worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race/Drift/Autox SR5? Is the 4AC worth it?

So heres the deal. I was given a 85 Corolla SR5 with a blown motor. Not the prettiest thing in the world but I hope it still has potential. I've been looking for a road racing/autox car and maybe try out a drift event here and there. I'm just trying to get an idea and see if anyone uses their 4AC for any kind of racing? I guess what im asking is, is this motor worth it? If anyones running the 4AC post your setup, and what you use it for. Thanks guys.

Why do you care if the 4AC is good if the one in your car is blown? You are going to have to replace the engine, so why not a 4AG?

Comment

I believe a small rebuild for the 4AC would be alot cheaper than swapping a 4AG. I dont have much money...

EDIT: I shouldnt say blown, The guy who I got it from said it was blown but nothing seems to be broke or damaged. Its been sitting for about a year and needs some replacing I guess would be better to say

Comment

Oh. Usually I take blown as usually blown head gasket or other problem that requires lots of work or replacement.

Comment

I take blown as supercharged. As in "I got a TRD blower for my corolla." So you can imagine my dissapointment when you later stated that the car didnt work.

Comment

Working...
          X