1986 toyota corolla models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 toyota corolla models

ok, im confused, i found a really really really cheap 86 toyota corolla in an ad. the ad says it's an 1986 toyota corolla, but that's it. im hoping that it's a 2dr corolla. my cousin (who owns a s13) told me that they only made 2dr models in that year, but im not sure. if you guys could help me and tell me what models they came out with in that year, i'd really appreciate it.

thanks
    paolo

http://www.autotrader.com/research/m...=&restype=used

Four four-doors and four two-doors.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply, i guess i'm jus gonna have to wait till the person gets home so i can call and get some info....not a bad deal for 250.00...haha i jus really hope it's a 2dr.

Comment

you probably talked to the dude already but yeah...just so you know 9.99 times out of 10 86 corollas in ads are ganna be the family ones. not the kind your looking for. your looking for a 2dr liftback or maybe the coupe right? yeah. if your on this site your are. my advice, go out and physically ask people with these cars if theyre selling them. leave notes and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, whatever you have to do.

Comment

Hes right, Most of the corollas sold in the 80s were the econo family sedan things. "Dx" or something.

Even fewer are the 86s, and keep in mind the Sr5 outsold the Gts 9 to 1.

Easiest way is to just get the vin number, "Ae88" (yes, ae88!) and youve got youself a Gts.

Oh, also ask to hear the last 3 numbers/letters on the bottom right of the vinplate (not the actual vin number itself). If its T50 then you know the thing at least came with a factory LSD.

Comment

In 1986, all of the Corollas except for the GT-S and SR5 were FF.

They switched in 83, I think.

Comment

The gts was the last of their rwd corollas

There is another Corolla Gts you can find in like 86-87, its the Fx-16. Its the fastest corolla theyve had, simply because it was the lightest (also powered by my happy little 4age)

Comment

SR5 is SOHC and it sucks... suspension is Craptastic .... it's like Iggy's 85 from Initial D in the corners.

Comment

If you buy a 86 and know ur plan on doing an engine swap down the line, i highly reccomend a sr5, save urself some bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ReD-CeL
                    SR5 is SOHC and it sucks... suspension is Craptastic .... it's like Iggy's 85 from Initial D in the corners.
                    No, the only character with a Corolla Levin SR (AE85) in Initial D is named ITSUKI.

No Tokyopop BS please :P
                    Last edited by Valkyrie; 11-02-2004, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyrie
                      No, the only character with a Corolla Levin SR (AE85) in Initial D is named ITSUKI.

No Tokyopop BS please :P
                      Alright another fan who hates the american "tricked out" version as much as i do...may tokyopop burn in hell...er back to the subject the 4 models of corollas for that year are the GTS, SR5 (both in coupe or liftback models), the 4 door LX Corolla, and the fairly rare 5 door SR5 pretty much toyotas version of a saab 900

Comment

suspension is the same as gts.
                        so you were right and wrong. suspension still sucked, but it was the same between each model.

Comment

i know its itsuki but im not gonna fukin type that shi+.... im lazy, so yeah... i probably have a larger jap version Initial D collection than anyone here, before it was in the US i was watchin and i have all of the episodes including 3rd + all of 4th stage (ep1-8)... so i know his name is itsuki azzhole. u tried... but failed.

the SR5 does not have the same suspension as the GTS either, it is much looser and sucks badly, i was going to buy one... i know these things... i drove it... its not the same, drives nothing like a GTS cuz my boy has one of those and it felt totally different, also throttle response is garbage.. no torque at all, not like the AE88 has much in that department either, but the sr5 is real bad. don't get an SR5 its just a wannabe AE88.

AE88- part of the corolla vin # that indicates that it is really a GTS

Comment

Sounds like weh ave us an ID fan boy.

*waits for expected reply of "Ive been into the 86 long before id!" or "ive been into this stuff for years!"*

Comment

i know its itsuki but im not gonna fukin type that shi+.... im lazy, so yeah... i probably have a larger jap version Initial D collection than anyone here, before it was in the US i was watchin and i have all of the episodes including 3rd + all of 4th stage (ep1-8)... so i know his name is itsuki azzhole. u tried... but failed.

AE88- part of the corolla vin # that indicates that it is really a GTS
                              Itsuki is two more keystrokes than Iggy.

That's not lazy, it's stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X