No announcement yet.

1986 toyota corolla models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think you will save money converting an SR5 to GTS you are a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and need to do a lot of research. An SR5 will cost you the same if not a shytload more to make the same as a GTS. Plus you have to be lucky enough to find the parts that are not always easy to find. PS, just because prices are so effing inflated on them I will sell my SR5 coupe for 2000 bucks
    Last edited by LOVMUFN; 11-08-2004, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Ok Fukktard lets break this down. A PERFECT sr5 will run at MOST 1500 bucks, and thats if your being ripped off. Do you know the kind of 86 you could find for 1500 bucks? Granted you may get lucky and find a pigeon who doesnt know wtf they have and took care of their car and is willing to sell.

a CHEAP gts runs you about 2000 bucks, and theyre more then likely goign ot have their fair share of problems. a great gts will run you about 3000+ dollars.

Theres 2 real differences about the Sr5 and Gts, The engine and the rear end.

The engine can easily be bought for a few hundred bucks (2-300). Instaltion just depends on who you know, i could do it for free for example.

The gts rear end will also cost you a few hundred bucks to buy and put on.

Do the math

As for the suspension, i wouldnt *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about the difference since even on a GTS youd swap it anyways.

Last differences are all cosmetic, front seats whatever. So go do your own research.

Added: Only hard part to find would be the GTS rear end, if you cant find one *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* it and use a supra rear end. I admit its slightly more but its also much stronger.
      Last edited by SidewaysGts; 11-08-2004, 05:15 PM.

Comment

yeah i totaly agree with sideways

Comment

I have a question: When people mention the AE86 used for drifting, what year and models (i'm guessing the GTS) are they mostly talking about?

Comment

AE86 IS the model and the years used.

It's the 85-87 Corolla Sport (SR5 and GT-S, but the GT-S is the prefered version), or the 83-87 Sprinter Trueno/Corolla Levin (In all of their various 4A-GE-equipped trims).

If it's not FR, it's not a Hachiroku.

Comment

Working...
            X