ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drift w/ no swaybar, no suspension upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift w/ no swaybar, no suspension upgrade?

does it damage the body more seriously if I have a stock suspension and with NO sway bar ....nothing ...?

I can feel the body springing from left to right side and vice versa too "violently" when I started the slide and (sometimes) didn't recover the countersteer fast enough.....Would the body be not strong enough to hold the weight transferred all to one side and then the body start to get stretched ?

if it does hurt and if sway bar would help a lot ...I might stop practicing until I get a sway bar at least...

thanks for attention ~ I hope u get what Im saying ...my english is not good ...

You can't hurt the car, you'll put a lot of wear on the suspension but that's true of any type of aggressive driving no matter what.

Don't worry about it, it's just going to be a bit of a wild ride.

Comment

personally i think a full cage is the best thing you can do to a car if youre really into drifting or any other motorsport. but unfortuneatly it is hard to find a place that will actually make one for ya car if you dont know somebody who know somebody and it is expensive. so i would atleast go with some sway bars or something to strenghten up you car and trust me you will feel the difference and your car wont feel like its is going to snap in half when you go through a turn. by tha way...what kinda car is it???

Comment

When you or your partners are not wearing helmets, a cage is like a human blender. That's a lot of pipe to hit your head on...

I'm really not a fan of them in street cars, to tell you the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by boygenius_89
          personally i think a full cage is the best thing you can do to a car if youre really into drifting or any other motorsport. but unfortuneatly it is hard to find a place that will actually make one for ya car if you dont know somebody who know somebody and it is expensive. so i would atleast go with some sway bars or something to strenghten up you car and trust me you will feel the difference and your car wont feel like its is going to snap in half when you go through a turn. by tha way...what kinda car is it???
          mine is a miata
          umm go way too far for a cage then ...
          yea think I will at least get a front top sway bar asap ...its affordable and helpful even on daily driving (my fd said)

Comment

Despite what I just said (lol...) I would look into one of the roll bars they make for those cars, although it does somewhat fall under my cage clause or whatever I'd think it's still worth while. One of the miata guys can probably tell you about them...

Comment

a miata is deffinitely to small for a cage and you will crack your head wide open unless ur got a helmet, racing seat, and racing belts to plant you butt down. but i was just saying that its like the "ultimate chassis reinforcer"

just currious tho, is it a roaster? and if so....
              i saw this maita one day that had this really strange reinforcing bar that came over the seats and had another bar that went down slanted at a 45 degree angle and planted between the seats. i also saw this thing on a vette a lil while ago. may work well for a convertable. since convertables lack a B frame...,well unless it is a targa top, (the one next to your seat) and by putting that bar thingy im pretty sure it will make up for the lack of reinforcement there iono i could be wrong bout this lil theory right here but any ways...

...it looked something like this:

the +'s are the seats

| + | | | + |

ok so my little diagram didnt really work

---------------------------------------

awwww sh*t
              is that the roll bar you were talking about???

cr@p!!!!
              Last edited by boygenius_89; 10-30-2004, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Yes, yes it was.

Comment

man you are dominating the forums today dog.
                  you just got like wut...a thousand posts in one night

Comment

dude, that kid on the fawkin tricycle is awesome. hahaha

Comment

fo sho.
                      It goes much better with my old sn, childprodigy_89.

Comment

you can get a roll bar the the miata that will stiffen the chassis but wont hurt you in a crash, just keep you from being squished. The sway bar wont stiffen the chassis any, just lessen the body roll. If you want some chassis stiffening for cheap, get strut tower bars. Youre not gonna hurt the car by drifting it stock

Comment

Keep it Stock! Drifting your car stock and learning to control it will build up your driving skill. By using upgrades before you have master your car stock, you are developing a handicap. You are using the upgrades as a crutch. Wait until you are very comfortable drifting your car, then upgrade, then adapt to the upgrade, then upgrade again... You will be surprised as your level of skill grows.

Comment

Working...
                          X