Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sway bars, etc..

dunno if im posting in correct place for this, but:

What are: sway bars, tension rods, radius bars, and camber links?

Where do they go?
    What do they do?

Just some basic information would be greatly appreciated.

This little feature will save you alot of flaming, use it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jaydm180sx
      This little feature will save you alot of flaming, use it.
      i didnt have any luck using the search, i must be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*.

can someone smarter than me help me with finding out what sway bars, tension rods, camber links, and radius bars are?

EDIT: i checked howstuffworks.com as well, not much help there either. Still, i could be an idiot and not see anything so i would still appreciate some direction here.

thanks again
      Last edited by rlngtngku; 10-31-2004, 12:23 PM.

Comment

sway bars connect the lower control arms. (this is under the car)
        tension rods connect the front lower control arm and the tension rod bracket (under the car)
        radius bars - i have no idea
        camber links - we will call them upper control arms. these connect the subframe and the spindle area. (under the car as well)

Comment

Its hard to just explain these things before you really understand suspension pieces and how they work. The main reasons people buy these parts is that the most common ones are a pillowball type mount (no bushing) which makes the links stiffer, we also change them because they are usually a lot stronger than stock pieces, the main reason though is that most tubular links are adjustable which allows a lot more choices in you allignment adjustments.

Just figure out the basics of suspension links and what not.

Comment

Working...
          X