Hachiroku question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hachiroku question

Question: Does the Corolla GT-S have an tilt adjustable steering wheel?

My dad's 88 Toyota truck doesn't, and the seats don't move either, so heel-and-toe is impossible since my legs are too long and hit the steering wheel, which is too low.

I haven't sat in one yet, so I want to know if they would be comfortable (and whether I can do heel-and-toe) for a 5'11" person (ie, me). I assume they at least have seats that go back... lol.

I want to buy one when I get back to the states, since the insurance would be way cheaper than an RX-7...

I've seen some pretty tall guys come out of an 86 before, so I'm assuming it does, but I've never checked myself.

Comment

I'm 6'1 and i fit fine in mine.....and mine has a tilt wheel

Comment

As mentioned yes they do.

Thats one of the best thign about the 86, its a fairly small car but its got LOTS of room inside. The back seats are tight, but thats a given. Driver/Passenger have more then enough though.

Comment

Ah... hehe, I just realized that the car in your sig is a Hachiroku...

Didn't realize till I looked at the shifter closely...

Your foot movement bugs me though

I'm trying to find a fairly cheap GT-S...

The closest one I've found is like 400 miles, but it's $6500 bucks, I guess because it has a supercharger, but I wonder how much it puts out with it. Looks like it's in real good condition though...

Another one in supposedly good condition is $3500, but 2000 miles away, so I'd have to add another 500-700 for shipping, I guess.

Other ones I've found are cheap, non-running cars (like one on eBay, one I found on Club4AG), but I wonder how much money and work it would cost to get them running well... But these would cost more to ship since they're inoperable (harder to load on the trailer I guess), and the closest one is still 6 hours+ away.

Would $650 plus whatever shipping is for a JDM 4A-GE be enough for good engine? That's how much I saw one for on eBay, but then again, it's eBay...

If the engine core was good, how much would a rebuild cost if I did it myself? Just the cost of a rebuild kit or something (like $350)?

Also: Would $1600 plus shipping be worth it for a non-running GT-S in so-so condition?

One more: What are the differences between the 1985, 1986, and 1987? Any improvements or differences big enough to make being a different one worth the trouble?
          Last edited by Valkyrie; 11-02-2004, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Haha its not easy taking a bunch of pictures of your feet trying to move slowly enough to capture everything Like it or not thats how my heel-toe looks... whats wrong with it anyways

Comment

It would just look cooler if your foot swiveled to the gas pedal unstead of already being there

Comment

You try swiveling a a size 12 steel toed thick soled shoe it does twist a little, but the angle doesnt show it (had the camera resting on the bottom left of my steering wheel to get a consistant camera position)

Lol but i agree, anyways this is more effective if you ask me, but i can do it with smaller thinner shoes, or beter yet no shoes.

Comment

word...and yes the corolla gts is the most versatile damn car ive ever owned. Tilt steering, folding rear seats, perfect for all that PVC...er intercooler piping from lowes! Im 6'4" and the corolla fits me just fine with room left over. and regarding your question on if 1600 bucks is a good deal on a non-running rolla? well its not. I picked up mine, babied by a toyota mechanic for 18 years for only 3k. Just keep looking your bound to find a good deal eventually.
                  Last edited by 003; 11-04-2004, 03:57 AM.

Comment

I wouldnt say only

You can find people who have babied their 86 for like 1600 bucks, its rare.. and any use of the internet and you can forget it.

Comment

well i have like a crap car that i need to sell be i need a better car in return so i need an ae86 but i cant find one does anyone no where i can get one

Comment

theres a guy about 20 miles from where i live selling two ones a hatch and the other isnt but i think he wants 2500 or300 for both the hatch dosnt run but it comes with two motors ones got a good head and ones got a good block he wants 800 for the hatch only at least i think thats it

heres the link http://www.humbleperformance.com/for...d.php?tid=7024

Comment

Working...
                        X