About heel- toe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About heel- toe

Do I have to adjust the position of the padels?
    Because the gas padel is a foot behind the brake padel, so I tried to do heel-toe, but the angle is too hard to do it.
    Also I'm wondering is there anyone heel to the brake and toe to the gas?

I dunno what to do about the pedal spacing. I think most people will tell you to bend the pedal to make them more even. But toe-heeling (toe on gas, heel on brake) would be extremely awkward and impractical.

When you heel-toe you're already braking, it's just a way to blip the throttle and match your revs to downshift while braking. It would be impractical to brake with your heel just so you could blip with your toe. Not only that brake pedals tend to be smaller than the gas so you'd have to rotate your foot at least 90 degrees to even reach the gas.

B-Wurm

Comment

or with some natural carbon composite (plywood) you could remove your brake pedals and make some wider ones, then just paint em black or sometin cool like that.

Comment

I'm a bit cheaper. Duct tape and a piece from a old tupperware box or something works. Just make sure the piece is big enough so the plastic isn't flimsy.

Comment

if you are going to make pedal extensions, put them on your throttle pedal. The last thing you want is for the extension to fail, and you suddenly lose your braking ability, even for an instant. I'd go with the plywood... Also, make sure you don't go too far, because you want the pedals lined up **ONLY** when you are threshold braking.

Comment

THey do make aftermarket thigns for this you know, brings up the money thing but hey... My 86 had one when i bought it on the throttle, Think of a raised plate that fits/hooks over the pedal, and has these adjustable metal bands that wrap around.

Comment

Working...
            X