ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you guys get started in drifting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you guys get started in drifting?

I was just wondering how all you guys got started in drifting like at what age with what car and did you guys learn how to grip race before attempting to drift?

well me personaly i started drifting in 3 years thats right 2007 here i come i dont have a car seeing as tho i dont even have a job and i can get charged lower than minimum wage if i had one. soo ya thats how i started! plus im up here in canada eh?

Comment

You know, I'm not too sure how I got started exactly. I love all types of racing, but I was looking for something different. I grew up around drag racing, and circle dirt racing...
      I guess it was a rebelious act that turned into a passion. Now, if I could only find some good spots to practice up here in No. Cal.
      Specifically Sonoma County...
      Attached Files

Comment

well it my say im a newbie i no alot well frist u need to no the differnt skills to drfit the drift bible (dvd) really help alot and then u need ur car ( of course ) and then u go out in big parking lots and try it out

Comment

always been around racing. grew up with dad doing dirt and building racecars for scca and stuff. went to a dragstrip 1st week of college, an auto-x second semester of college, been doing both those for about 2.5 years now. when dailydrifter.com started doing events in houston some my freinds were involved, i tagged along for about a year while tryign to get time and money as well as a vehicle to compete, right before summer got a 240. luckily when i started auto-xing i had a civic, won sts at the local auto-x countless times ( or hs in rental cars ) , started taking the civic to this thursday night drift thing to screw around there, finally founda cheap 240 with a blown motor for 300 bux, got it up and running, and finally started drifting at the may 31 dailydrifter grind 101 event. 50+ tires later the car is now getting caged/new motor/suspension.

the thing that honest to God helped me the most

auto-x. you learn soooo many things about weight transfer when you are drivign a low powered fwd car and have to go to a sweeper/slalom and carry as much speed as you can on street tires.

if your new, someone does auto-x in your area, i can guarantee it. if you cant drift at least go auto-x. seat time is what will get you somewhere, not posting about drifting on the internet or watching videos and going to clutch kick your tercel to initiate drift.
          Last edited by Ris4drift; 11-08-2004, 11:18 PM.

Comment

well i dont think you could say ive started drifting but i am interested in it...ive grown up racing motocross since i was 4 and i love laying my bike sideways or flat in turns(hence the name flyingsideways) and in the air and im not able to ride rite now because of money issues i was forced to decide car or bike and i chose cars so i figured why not get it sideways in a car?

Comment

I guess I was about 9yo or so when I got a go-kart. I slided around my neighbourhood all day long, especially during the winter time. Just had to go sideways. What ever the vehicle was, I tried to slide it. I guess it was about four years ago when I saw some clips of japanese going sideways and about a year or so afterwards I heard they called it drifting. I drove a FF at the time so it was frustrating to try and get long slides with it.

For this winter I bought a ae86 as a wintertoy while I'm building my RS13.

I can't say I've drifted that much yet, merely gone sideways a lot. I wouldn't call a normal powerslide a drift.

--Matsu

Comment

Always been into rallies, but I didn't get into drifting until I met my BF. Got my car a few months after and couldn't stop. Now I'm on my second drift car, and I'll put everthing I can in this one. The last one was a learning toy.

Comment

I been ridin dirtbikes and fourwheelers and go karts and snomobiles (gotta love MN) and off road Vespas since I been like 6. My friend has a huge piece of land (most of it is neighbor's woods) that we cut trails in. when the snow falls, i bust out the long arse powerslides and such in the atv. I been doin that since his sister got a Yamaha Badger 80 cc 4wheels when I was about 8. So 15 - 8 =7. 7 years with the arse out (not nececarally drifting).

Comment

I want to say when i was 14 or 15. When i first saw it, i didn't know what it was but i though it looked cool. When i turned 16 my dad bought me a car (which is a big mistake, dont do it for your kid. he wont respect it if he is in to cars) a 02 vw GTI. I started drag racing and autoXing it, and had lots of fun with that. Then onday my friends started to drift, out of nowhere really. Sarosh and dave and al just seemed to know everything about it, and so i got drawn in to it. I totled my vw about 9 months back and have been driving a 87 300zx for the past few months. since its rwd i try to swing the rear endout, but no LSD makes it hard. So for now, i am a poser. Hopefully it will change by the end of the summer.

Comment

Working...
                    X