ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you get in these circumstances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you get in these circumstances?

well im moving to the states, alrington, texas, and i need a new drift car, but over here, cars are cheap(i can get a silvia for 500 bucks!) and insurrance is lauffably low, and i've got a not so good accident record over here(guess why!) so im probably going to tell insurance companies that i haven't driven at all, so basically i need a cheap drift car that has potential, but isn't considered a "sports car" by insurance companies, i really want 240, well actually a silvia but you guys dont seem to have them!!, but im affraid i wont be able to afford the insurance, so what would you suggest?

ride the bus.

Comment

i pay 160 every six months, but my car is as rare as a Corolla.
      but much cheaper when you do find one... just wait a while, get and old 85 civic 4 door, they rate low insurance wise.

Comment

I doubt since you're in a different country that they will look at your driving record. Different laws and such.

I have a '91 240SX Coupe (SE with all the options; 5-spd.), and will be paying $120 for liability with AAA (one of the top rate insurance agency in the U.S. if ya don't know). Thats the thing, liability, if you go with anything higher, you pay more. I am on my mothers plan so thats why its so cheap, but shouldn't cost much more than that.

And no, we don't get what you can get for $500, a real Silvia. You gotta start with a Coupe and throw JDM parts on it. Hmmm, you like Silvia's, I like Silvia's/240SX's, wanna get me some cheap parts?

Comment

i'd be buying myself plenty of parts to ship over but i need to save money to buy the car!, oh ya and where im gunna live there are no busses! i guess they think busses brings bums or something like that... i would just buy a silvia or 180 over here and ship it over but doing so you have to have a lot of parts converted to make it stateside street-legal so it would end up costing me 3,000 just to convert it! and well i dont have that kind of money, im pretty much dead set on getting a 240, i was just making sure that it won't end up killing me on insurrance, i'll probably buy 6 months of insurance, buy a 240 and find a job ASAP so i dont end up having to just sell it! if i had a car now i'd go looking through a bunch of junk yard to get a silvia front end, but, alas my car is in a junk yard!
          here check this out, i think you'll like it, its classifieds for military members here in okinawa, you can get jdm parts here super cheap, the numbers starting with 090 are cellphone numbers just call them like your calling japan and work out some sort of deal, you cuold probably get them to send you about anything you want, oh ya if you do call them make sure you remember that we sleep while you guys are awake!!
          http://japanupdate.com/classifieds/english/?s=AUCC
          Last edited by oki_dlifter; 11-09-2004, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X