No announcement yet.

Post pictures of confusing cars-GAME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont think the game is dead, just that nobody has the patience to figure out the car.
    Anyway nice post yarzan.
    Anymore?

Comment

• heres one. the truth is, not even i know what car this is, so any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I now know what car it is...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by yarzan; 03-12-2005, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Some sort of old Buick Riviera (the rear window reminds me of it, and the front is vaguely Buick-ish)?

Comment

• Looks amost like some kind of ford falcon hatch. lol. pretty ugly.

Comment

• your getting close... it is american....

Comment

• makai it does resemble a Ford falcon sort of...but the front end looks slightly different.
              Maybe some sort of a...pontiac

Comment

• That's a Plymouth Barracuda, 1964-66 vintage.

Comment

• bingo. octagon got it. now how about a specific year?

*shocking thing is i saw one of those in israel...

Comment

• Without seeing the nose, I really couldn't tell if it was a 1964, 1965, or 1966.

Interestingly enough, the Barracuda was actually the first ponycar. It was a small sporty car based on a compact platform (Valiant) with a V8. The Barracuda was introduced at the beginning of 1964. The Mustang didn't make it to showrooms until April 1964 as a 1964 1/2 model.

If the engine hadn't been a low compression 273ci V8, we'd probably be calling 'em fishycars instead of pony cars.

As for my confusing/obscure car. Well, it's a great fiberglass bodied coupe powered by a Corvette 327. So great, in fact, that Jackie O herself was on the client list.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• i think i narrowed it down:

British or japanese...

im leaning towards british.

warmer or colder?

Comment

• Gordon Keeble GT, easy peasy. :P One of the few sports cars with a tortoise on its badge. Reminds me of the Iso Grifo for some reason. It's anyone's turn now, I don't have a pic.

Comment

• Pez got it. It's a Gordon Keeble, and I suppose you might see an Iso Grifo in its styling. The two cars were designed and built around the same time with the same philosophy - European chassis and styling with big American power - but the Iso was Italian and the Gordon Keeble British.

Also, honestly, the Iso is infinitely prettier than the Gordon Keeble.

and if you think the Grifo was pretty, then check out its sister car - the Iso Grifo A3L/Bizzarini 5300GT Strada.

And, of course, I love this picture. A Mistral, a Daytona, and a 5300GT Strada all in a row.

Comment

• If someone gets a picture right, how long do they have to post another picture? Everyone shouldn't have to wait forever.

Comment

• Anyone post a picture up.
                              Just go for it.

Comment

• heres one.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X