All new cars are FF, FWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All new cars are FF, FWD

i see most new cars are FF (except the RX8, which is too expensive). anybody know new japanese cars that are FR?

I think the reason being is they can now have the LSD in front ,plus FF grips better than FR.

i dun want to buy a brand new FR car that arent too expensive.
    Any suggestions?

good luck, buy used.

Also, FF doesn't get better traction then FR. You can trust me on that one. (here is why. its 4 am and i have ntohing to do so ur gunna learn)

is it easier to push or pull a car? push.

no, here is the real reason. Atleast for drag racing)

When you launch a FF car, even with LSD, the weight of the car gets moved back...over the rear wheels. you can feel this when you get pushed back in to ur seat. that means less traction for the FF car because less weight over the drive wheels.

FR, because when you launch the weight shifts to the rear, the weight shifts over the rear wheels and there for it gets better traction.

there are no real cheap new FR cars. S2k, miata, 350, rx8, BMWs, GTO, ect. are some of the only cars i can think of.

Comment

makes a lot of sense, how come i never think about it. as the car accelerate the weight shifts back and gets better traction for FR, thus faster, hmmmm....

but why new cars are always FF? shouldnt they just build FR cars?

yeah, all new FR cars are expensive.

Comment

G35
        350Z
        Miata
        RX8
        EVO
        WRX
        S2000
        NSX
        IS300

Comment

G35 (It's still a Nissan dammit.) Expensive.

350Z Expensive.

RX8 Expensive.

EVO Not FR.

WRX Not FR either.

S2000 Expensive

NSX Incredibly expensive.

IS300 Expensive.

Miata Affordable, but too small.

Looks like you've got one candidate, and it's still not quite right if you're looking for a full-sized sports car instead of a super-compact roadster.

And that is why I like mid-80's to late 90's Japanese sport compacts...

Comment

Originally posted by w11y
            makes a lot of sense, how come i never think about it. as the car accelerate the weight shifts back and gets better traction for FR, thus faster, hmmmm....

but why new cars are always FF? shouldnt they just build FR cars?

yeah, all new FR cars are expensive.
            For interior room simple. Which cars have more room in them a FF or FR, obvious a FF. They don't have to worry about a huge tranny and driveshaft coming down the middle.

Most people can'y drive a FR and believe FF handle better.

Most people buying cars are small or new families or college students.

Comment

how about a new mazda speed mx-5? arent those FR?
              there is also a good amount of torque--166@4500RPM-- for a 1.8 liter
              22k-25k brand spankin new
              Attached Files
              Last edited by solex; 12-09-2004, 09:03 PM.

Comment

The other reasons for FF are it's cheaper to make (Drive train is one unit). Better gas milage (from lighter weight). And traction in the snow, and rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihatehippies
                  The other reasons for FF are it's cheaper to make (Drive train is one unit). Better gas milage (from lighter weight). And traction in the snow, and rain.
                  another reason for better milage and horsepower is less distance to the wheels from the engine so, in effect less drivetrain loss

Comment

they could make the cars rear engine. you get more grip, no power loss. won't be able to drift it though

Comment

You can drift a mid/rear engine car, the MR2 is mid engine, same with NSX (but no one wants to risk crashing an NSX :P )

Comment

What about the Chrysler Magnum?

Comment

What is this "new car" of which you speak?

New cars suck, buy used.

Comment

depreciation + car payments = you loose.

Comment

High-milage used IS200s run about £12,000 round here. Add in a cheap 1G-GZE/GTE from an old GA70 for a bit of a power hike and you're set. There's always the pricey 3SGE BEAMS and 2JZ routes for bolt-in swaps too. Plus the JDM chassis code says it all - SXE car. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X