Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanji lettering for a sticker

how you going there everybody.

i havn't written much on here cause i dont have much to say. im from australia, making sure the drifting scene is big over here.

anyway, i was looking at getting some kanji stickers for my rx but i cant find the ones im after.

i either want: sliding rotor
    or: drift rotor
    or: drifting rotor
    or: rotary drifter

or something like that.

if anyone knows anybody that can write kanji or a website that has thes words in kanji, cause i cant find one.

thanks in advance
    RxDrift

considering that both "rotor" and "drift" are English words borrowed into Japanese you won't have much luck finding them in kanji... unless you want to use a word like "kaitenshi" which is not the same term used in Japanese for the rotors in a wankel engine. Or "yukidamari" which means drift in the sense of a pile of snow...

Comment

You want katakana, not kanji, if you want words like rotary and drift, etc...

Kanji would only work for Japanese words, but there are interesting kanji you could put on a car...

I saw one white FD I saw (in Japan) had some kanji referring to samurai on the back (well, that's the guy I was with told me...)... thought it was sort of interesting.

If you want kanji, just get the kanji for Touge or something... that would be easy for anyone to put onto a sticker.

words to consider...

touge (mountain pass. interesting enough, this kanji originated in Japan, not China. Then again, all they did was take the kanji for mountain, up, and down, and then stuck them together)

shutouko (expressway in tokyo)

koudou (public road, street. ie, Koudou Race = street race.)

saisoku ("fastest")

densetsu (legend. "densetsu no ~" would be "Legendary ~something~")

wangan (bayside, the Bayside Route in Tokyo)

You can combine them in various ways to make a string of characters in various ways (like Koudou Saisoku Densetsu, which is "Legend of the Street" in Initial D Arcade Stage's English version... lol)

I could go on, but using any of these words depends on how big of an ego you have or how stupid you wouldn't mind looking to someone who can read kanji (or an Asian who hates people who use kanji because they think they're cool)... lol.

Koudou Saisoku Chuu... hehehehe...

Comment

and if you want it in katakana, the character string you would use is "ro-ta-ri do-ri-fu-to"

valkyrie, do you know of any place to look up who different kanji are written? im looking for the kanji for "mushin (spelling??)" or "no-mind" ...

Comment

thanks guys i'll work something out.

i want the sticker just to give the car something different and subtle. and i want to keep my view of drifting where it came from, thats why i want japanese lettering.

i could put big name brand stickers and DRIFT stickers down the side, but thats just silly. keeping it simple will look best.

cheers
          RxDrift

heres my car anyway, on the way to the drift comp

Comment

nice. i dont think i have ever seen a cleaner 1st gen 7....i used to own a set of those rims, gotem at a junkyard for 10 a piece, but then i got rid of them when i couldnt find a use for them...

Comment

here are some more pics for ya.

i'll post some new pictures in the right section of the forum when i take some. it has changed a bit.

Comment

Type them into a online Japanese dictionary, or use the Japanese IME to type them into a text program...

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/cgi-bi...jwb/wwwjdic?1C

Another word would be Hashirya (street racer), but it's not entirely kanji (there's a hiragana "ri" in it, but if it doesn't have to be all kanji, it would still be interesting I think)

I think I might have to put a sticker on the back of whatever car I get that says "Sekai Ichi Saisoku Toufu Haitatsu" (world's fastest toufu delivery, unless I messed something up... hehe).

snicker.

PS, it looks like this:

http://www.dumbo.ai.kyutech.ac.jp/~t...mage/musin.jpg
                Last edited by Valkyrie; 12-09-2004, 11:58 PM.

Comment

what do you think this looks like.

i dont have a proper program on my home computer so it looks funny but.......you can sorta still see it.

it says "drift rotary" (dorifuto rotari)

Comment

it would make more sense to say "rotary drift" imo.

And when you literally write rotary, it should be rotari- (with a little dash-like think that tells you the syllable is long), not rotari.

Comment

nice. i like it. howmuch would that cost to make?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverGhost
                        nice. i like it. howmuch would that cost to make?
                        i dont know, i'll have to find out.

shouldn't be too much, i think i know some guys that have done work with stickers before. will find out for ya.

Comment

Working...
                        X