you know you love drifting if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know when you're a drifter when...

--you get pissed off when somebody's head is in your way of the side windows

-- you pratice heel-toe downshifts (or the "famous" double-clutch) on your piano. Hey, after all, it DOES have 3 pedals.

-- you scream "clutch kick" when you kick a trolling, drift newbie; an idiot; or ricer in the pants. (a la anime cheesy-ness)

-- anything is a steering wheel. anything can be and WILL be drifted, including but not limited to shopping carts, trolleys, whellbarrows, bicycles, office chairs, bulldozers, food carts (at chinese restaurants), or cafeteria tables.

-- you have Initial D touge matches in Xbox Halo. On an actual mountain pass. (silent cartographer, anyone?)

-- you change your name so the initials spell out JDM.

-- you see tires at Canadian Tire and begin sliding them sideways to see how well they grip that way.

That's all I can think up of so far...

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
      SilverGhost
      ya I was getting alittle carried away sorry.
      its cool man, i guess i was feeling a bit serious this morning, as of the last couple of months i have found some things in my life which are much more important to me than racing. although racing is still way up there, it is now eclipsed by more pressing matters.

Comment

-You run while wearing socks and slide sideways on hardwood/vinyl floors
        -You tandem drift in the supermarket using shopping carts with at least 3 other people
        -You randomly make tire screeching/exhaust noises when you're at home and members of your family look at you like you're crazy
        -Everytime you go to the go cart track you try drifting and they kick you out (this happened to me and one of my friends)

Comment

---You poke holes in your muffler to give it ""the street sound""

Comment

You remove your muffler entirely...pseudo down pipe style

You get pissed off when you keep loosing drift events in NSFU2 even though you've adjusted the rear tire grip to 0.00!

You think to yourself that you might want to goto an empty parking lot with an auto rwd pick up truck (which is your only vehicle) to drift because it's just snowed about 2 to 4 inches... (as of last night/today this is the truth in my case...though I'm not gonna do it lol)

more as I think of em lol

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
              ... you dislike FD and WDC.

I guess that makes all the FD drivers including but not limited to Chris Foresberg, Alex Pfeiffer, Benson Hsu, Rhys Millen, Hubinette, Andy Yen, Ken Gushi, calvin wan, tony angelo, jr gittin, tony schultz, taka aono and just about every other FD driver not drifters, oh well to each his own.

"are you sitting on the curb talking smack, or are you out there driving" - Ernie Fixmer
              Last edited by yarzan; 12-24-2004, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmChairDrifter
                You get pissed off when you keep loosing drift events in NSFU2 even though you've adjusted the rear tire grip to 0.00!
                if you use real drifing techniques, its quite easy to win those events

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
                  I guess that makes all the FD drivers including but not limited to Chris Foresberg, Alex Pfeiffer, Benson Hsu, Rhys Millen, Hubinette, Andy Yen, Ken Gushi, calvin wan, tony angelo, jr gittin, tony schultz, taka aono and just about every other FD driver not drifters, oh well to each his own.

"are you sitting on the curb talking smack, or are you out there driving" - Ernie Fixmer
                  OMG, I got owned by a guy who doesn't drift!

Comment

OMG, I got owned by a guy who doesn't drift!
                    whether i drift or not doesnt matter, you set the fact that you know youre a drifter if "you hate FD and WDC". If i like FD, does that make me not a "drifter"?

PS, half the people on here dont drift, but at least ive done it before.
                    Last edited by yarzan; 12-25-2004, 06:26 AM.

Comment

I work at a home for old people (I'm a saint 0:P) in food service, so i push carts alot and the halls are like a hospital; smooth,wide,and clean. I constantly tandem and drift around corners,but the real challenge is dodging the residents and there wheelchairs. I can't curb my "ride" lol but its gotten ran into tables,doors,railings,and once I rear-ended someones wheelchair(was that embarhassing or what . I too drift shopping carts at every store and soemtimes throw in some sound and hand motions.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBadger
                        ...tandem and drift around corners...

who else do you do it with>!?!?!?

tandem = 2 people .

Comment

... you shake your head at all the idiots in the "new to drifting" forum.

... you dislike how big it's getting.

... you dislike FD and WDC.

... you think Import Racer!, HCI, and Super Street are way too rice.

... wheelspin no longer bothers you at any time.
                          hahahahahaha

everyone else's reasons suck.

Comment

what's wrong with that?

so what's wrong with drifting shopping carts????

and while walking, etc.

is it a bad thing when your so drift deprived that some how you do a power over drift in your grandma's old honda accord station wagon?

Comment

Yes... despite that fact that it's physically impossible...

Comment

Nevermind I was thinking of something else

Comment

Working...
                                X