fwd to rwd... price and possiblity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fwd to rwd... price and possiblity

Ok, if you have read some of my posts, I drive a more than capable hyundai sonata, and I only have a few paths available for drifiting. I can either get a beater, or hop up the car i already have. My question, is would it be "possible" to change over to rwd? I am crazy as hell, and if it can be done, Ill sell my soul for it. The suspension as it is is just right. it is relatively low for the car, and there is virtually no body roll. It corners great, so this would be the best bet for me.

Obscene amounts of money and time. ie: It's not worth it.

B-Wurm

Comment

ok ok, is 1800 a good price for a hachiroku with a seized engine?

Comment

no

Comment

Here's some inspiration

Comment

tear out everything. make a tunnel for the driveshaft, fab some motor mounts, throw a carbed small block in there and a solid rear axle. then sort out all the handling problems your oin gto have to tune with your custom fabircated one of a kind rear suspension and your all set.

or just buy a rwd car and leave the huiyinadea or however you spell it for getting groceries and 40mpg with its 98whp like it was made for.

Comment

Hmm, take the engine, make it a half-*Censored**Censored**Censored* inline, i think thats what they did with that drag civic right?

Comment

Re: fwd to rwd... price and possiblity

Originally posted by 2501
                a more than capable hyundai sonata... The suspension as it is is just right.
                The first part is an oxymoron, the second just proves how little performance you've experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoSigma
                  Hmm, take the engine, make it a half-*Censored**Censored**Censored* inline, i think thats what they did with that drag civic right?
                  no. that civic is a tube frame racecar, with a civic body mounted onto it, nothing about that is a civic except the outside. full tube frame race chassis.

Comment

I know the Hyundai Accent is closely enough related to the Mitsubishi Lancer to bolt in an early Evo rear subframe and drivetrain, making it AWD, it's been done in Australia (and what a car, 9's in the 1/4 mile in an externally stock Accent). Don't know if it would work with the 'Snarter', depends how similar Hyundai engineered its range... You're still talking a lot of cash though, it cost about $20000 AUS to do the AWD Accent.

Comment

Working...
                    X