Selling FC to buy STI good or bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh, they come with a manuel tranny too.
    No they don't. 05 only comes in auto as far as the sedan goes. The coupe comes in manual though. My dad was looking at the 4door but didn't like auto.

Comment

Crown Vics...as for being gas guslers...HELL YES!!!

its like $40.00 for a full tank of cheap gas

when drifting for 15 min. I lost half a tank...but then again
      i was doing a lot of burnouts and dounuts and stuff...still its lots of fun

huge back seat j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon
        Crown Vics...as for being gas guslers...HELL YES!!!

its like $40.00 for a full tank of cheap gas

when drifting for 15 min. I lost half a tank...but then again
        i was doing a lot of burnouts and dounuts and stuff...still its lots of fun

huge back seat j/k
        where u drift???

Comment

some new construction sites in outer el centro...plus other places around town...and in the "runway" for crop dusters out by the desert

Comment

$$$$?????

how much can u spend?????? and how much can u sell the fc???? figure that out first.

orrrrrrr...u can just keep the fc as the drift manly car and get a civic or some other cheeper car like a corrolla(ff).

i hope i dont get blamed for giving advice.

Comment

Originally posted by DRIFTER-M
              No they don't. 05 only comes in auto as far as the sedan goes. The coupe comes in manual though. My dad was looking at the 4door but didn't like auto.
              They just came out in manual....literally like...a couple days ago. My friends dad had been waiting months for one to test drive it.

read the text here

Comment

Buy A IS300...

Comment

I like the idea of seperate cars. It's always a good idea to keep the daily driver and the drifter seperate, if you can afford it.

You said you already have a daily driver, the crx. Perhaps sell that for something a little more roomy, nothing new or expensive but something that will fit the bill. If you can spend $30,000 on a STI, then I think you could afford an old full-sized beater to handle the family matters. Heck, $2000-$4000 should get you something half way decent.

Still, being a Subbie owner, I can't put down the STI. You'd have fun driving it, fun tuning it, and fun drifting it. If Subaru does nothing else, they make functional, utilitarian, durable vehicles. It'll get you around where you need to go and will do it with some pep. Awd drifting is a bit goofy and requires a different mindset and technique for taking corners.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift For Food
                    I like the idea of seperate cars. It's always a good idea to keep the daily driver and the drifter seperate, if you can afford it.

You said you already have a daily driver, the crx. Perhaps sell that for something a little more roomy, nothing new or expensive but something that will fit the bill. If you can spend $30,000 on a STI, then I think you could afford an old full-sized beater to handle the family matters. Heck, $2000-$4000 should get you something half way decent.

Still, being a Subbie owner, I can't put down the STI. You'd have fun driving it, fun tuning it, and fun drifting it. If Subaru does nothing else, they make functional, utilitarian, durable vehicles. It'll get you around where you need to go and will do it with some pep. Awd drifting is a bit goofy and requires a different mindset and technique for taking corners.
                    my brother is selling his 1993 BMW 325i for 6,000 obo if your interested... email me at NHDrifterFC@aol.com thanks

Comment

Bad idea to let go of the FC! No 4 door sedans could match the fun you would have on the FC!

Get a decent 4 door car as a family car. Preferrably FWD for the family car or you will be tempted to drift it every time you take it out endangering your family :P
                      Hubert Young
                      KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by V
                        Why not just do the 2+2 conversion on your car? Buy back seats off ebay, and install them. Problem=solved.
                        ummm have you ever tried to get in the back seat of an FC? A shrunken midget would have problems getting comfortable.

Comment

Just FYI but im pretty sure all STI's come with a electronic diff. that you can set it anywhere from 50%front/50% rear power all the way down to 0%/100%. So if ya still wanted the AWD feel you can still do it with the STI.

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
                            Bad idea to let go of the FC! No 4 door sedans could match the fun you would have on the FC!

Get a decent 4 door car as a family car. Preferrably FWD for the family car or you will be tempted to drift it every time you take it out endangering your family :P
                            yeah i know its a bad idea. i have a FC of my own and that thing is wicked fun.its a 87 GXL but i want to put some part in it and sell it later on for a TII

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14

exactly what i said just get a corrolla(FF) or a 4door civic sure theyre FF but i dont hate them there good family cars, affordable, gas saving, and cheap.
                              or maybe get a older model volvo 760 turbo.,, or a 740 turbo. and i think the 740 is a 4cylinder RWD. they are cheap and safe. and some com in manual.

Comment

lexus ls400

Comment

Working...
                                X