if you where in the market for a cheap s14 would you buy:
    White 95 s14 240sx SE
    5lug(duh) alloy's
    power everything
    ABS
    moonroof
    no exterior blemishes noticeable
    auto
    but, it has 311,000 miles!!!(good thing is it doesn't have odometer fruad!)
    for 2,995 negotiable
    blue book puts it at 3,420

the car seems good but the milage!!!
    and how hard is it to swap out the tranny for a manual later?(im planning on a sr swap eventually anyhow)
    thankS!

Sweet crap that's a lot of miles for a car that age. My 91 had 25x,xxx KM on it when i got it and she purred like a kitten, especially after a tuneup. Get the car checked at a mechanic to see how it's doing, and if it checks out, I'd say buy it depending on how rare S14s are in your area and how badly you want one. Besides, if you're going to be swapping an SR , odds are you'll do a manual swap with it.

But once again, depending on the rarity of those cars I'd look around for a less travelled example. Nissans/Toyotas/Hondas just go forever but it's always a good idea to start with a lower mileage car.

B-Wurm
    Last edited by Buddyworm; 02-03-2005, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Great advice from BWorm...If he will take it to a Nissan dealership to get it checked out diffently go with that, possibly you can get him to go down to about 2500-2700 area which would help cover the SR swap, but just becuase you swap the engine and trans. there is still 311,000 mile wear on the other parts, so who knows what could happen.

Btw I think he broke my record for that many miles for that high of a model year car.

Comment

Working...
      X