Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOUND! ae86 r/c cars a Wal Mart

Its official. The world is doomed!

anyway, I found 2 1/10th scale 86s at the local Wally. One was a total ID ripoff.
    I guess drifting's bigger than I thought!

Yeah but think of all the extra hype stuff like that will put into the US drifting scene. And Corolla's are going to skyrocket in price!

I see the US drift scene getting ugly before it gets better. You know the US mentality. It's all about the dollar! And when something like drifting becomes corporate it loses some of its individual appeal.

But I guess you can't keep something as cool as drifting a secret forever huh? Phew, that turned into a bit of a rant didn't it? Ok, ranting done!

Comment

Maybe it isn't such a bad thing...I mean 1/10th is a pretty big r/c car. You could probably duct tape a small child or animal to the top of it...imagine the possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by SlidnZC4075
        You could probably duct tape a small child or animal to the top of it...imagine the possibilities.
        Strange and demented man...At lleast you have good taste in cars FC II's rock on.

Comment

Originally posted by Crabapple
          Strange and demented man...At lleast you have good taste in cars FC II's rock on.
          Hahaha I'm just kidding. It would be kind of funny to see that though. and yeah TII's are awesome.

Comment

yeah I also noticed small R/C cars they carry now called super drifters or something on that line...
            Anyway it still isn't TOO HUGE, just because they carry the stuff does not mean it sells.
            Anyway lets just hope drifting never turns into what the Fast and the furious did to Geo metros and ford tauruses. Later.

Comment

Yeah lets just pray that The Fast and The Furious 3 doesn't have drifting. Then there will be a Sixty Minutes or 20/20 exclusive on this new form of "street racing" that is causing the deaths of stupid kids everywhere. I mean, the first two movies basically devastated the "import scene" (as they call it now) to the point where the majority of people in america now refers to every kind of nitrous as "nawz" and everyone thinks you can still have a "ten second car" with full interior and huge subs, and everytime you see a car with a grocery cart wing and and apc LED exhaust tip with those kick-on hubcap spinners everyone seems to like so much, and a big VTEC TYPE R sticker in the rear window (regardless of whether or not the car is made by Honda, or if it has VTEC), some ignorant person points out the fact that it looks like a "street racing car". Why? because of both of the fast and the furious movies. Sorry for the rant, I just never want this to happen to drifting. But I'm sure like anything else that money can be made off of, it'll happen eventually..

Comment

RC drifting has been around for a long time now.

most of the top D1 drivers are even sponsored by YOKOMO. a japanese rc company that makes D1 replicas.

check out the yokomo sponsor stickers on the top secret car, kei office, tanaguchi's, imamura's, nomuken's car, and several others.

www.driftpackage.com

here's some videos of rc's drifting.

http://www.frequency-rc.com/movies/SGDrifters4.mpg

http://www.frequency-rc.com/drift/sg3rd.mpg

http://www.frequency-rc.com/drift/SG...rs_2nd_Vid.mpg

forums: www.drccentral.com

i also have tons of pics ive taken of it at www.photobucket.com album: rainslicked

have a good one.

Comment

Working...
                X