No announcement yet.

Drifting - A fad - prove me wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember reading about the first drifting event in the US back in 95-96 or so when the guy that won had a crx... and Keichi came down w/a silver 180sx

Comment

[QUOTE=driftex][QUOTE=Slapshotnerd]- Aero parts specifically designed for "drifting"
      i dont want drifting to become a fad as much as the next guy but most "drifting" aero kits just attach the drifting name to the name of the aero kit to sell product.
      If I'm not mistaken GP Sports aero is specifically made for drifting,along with all of there other products.

Comment

reason for this thread was simple. I am writing a proposal to get a company involved in drifting, and the first thing they told me was "isn't that just the latest fad!?"

This is for a valid business deal, which involves a substantial amount of money. And they were quite quick to pass it off because they "heard" it was a fad. I made it my goal to convince them otherwise. I very much disagree with them (which is why I am approaching them in the first place), but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Comment

If you were in it for the long run and didnt see it as a fad it wouldnt matter to you what some riceboy, nascar hillbilly or any of the others thaught of drifting its just something new people havent seen before, its the same with anything relatively new to people they just want to see whats happening thats why d1gp gets sold out and so forth. Some of them will go and find out whats going on and not think much of it and think one day we'll think it is too, but we most probably wont and i think we should just leave them to thier undercar lights and thier fwd's.

Comment

http://www.friscomix.com/images/D1GP...5/IMG_5456.jpg

Does this look like a fad to you?

I really don't care for drifting eather.

Comment

Honestly, if people believe that drifting is a fad, then it will be one...

It's not that I'm trying to be negative, but drifting isn't a real racing event. Hell, drifting isn't racing. It's a competetive sport none the less, but it's not racing. There is no looser or winner based on speed or time. It's a judged motorsport. And the problem with it is that judging is biased (at least I feel it's very severe right now).

And if people keep bringing up comments like the guy who started this thread, you'll turn off a crowd by creating unnecessary drama.

Comment

I just wanted to add on to what craftsman said. there are no winners or losers in drifting.. just the ppl who progress and the skill you gain. the losers are the ppl who arnt having fun (aka posers) I wouldnt say drifting is a sport... more of a passion.. if those are just fads to you then iono.. i always thought of drifting like a martial art. you are constantly learning and improving yourself. its just all the media hype about it now... it'll fade out? anyways, i haven't posted on this site in forever... just focus on your passion, if thats throwing a car sideways then thats cool, if not then thats ok...

DIE BANDWAGON MONKEYS DIE!

i guess im a loser. my car's been sitting in the yard for weeks now ;[
                Last edited by spinitsidewayz!; 03-02-2005, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by w1ngzer0

that was taken pretty early in the day. I have a pic that shows the stands COMPLETELY full, standing room only, people in the aisles.

Comment

Who cares what those guys think. If they wanna call it a fad, good for them. All I know is that I'll still be drifting long after the "coolness factor" wears off. Its the most fun I've ever had in a car, period.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                      that was taken pretty early in the day. I have a pic that shows the stands COMPLETELY full, standing room only, people in the aisles.
                      i am just proving the point a lot of people came to D1. I see a lot less people at a drag strip. Is dragging a fad? nope been around since the 60's.

Comment

Its A Fad!

Comment

Originally posted by: <B>Tripod</B>
                          And if people keep bringing up comments like the guy who started this thread, you'll turn off a crowd by creating unnecessary drama.
                          I couldn't argee with Matt any more, unnecessary drama is the last thing this place needs. And for those who found drifting within the last few years don't worry about other people that just recently discovered drifting and are caught up with the fast and the furious fad. What I mean about that is that, in general, it seems that imports have become more of a "lowrider" and the lines between the racing enthusiasts and the the people who want to look good is really blurred nowadays. So, I think that some people feel that drifting is a fad because its is realtively new in media spot light, but to those who have found it long ago it's nothing but a blessing, or curse depending how you look at, that more people in the US have took interst in it. So, no fad man your just late to the table if you think so.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                            Who cares what those guys think. If they wanna call it a fad, good for them. All I know is that I'll still be drifting long after the "coolness factor" wears off. Its the most fun I've ever had in a car, period.
                            Here Here, and I've done lots of fun stuff in a car.

Anyone else here ever jump a car?

Comment

Originally posted by .Al
                              Its A Fad!
                              Hell yea. Why the hell should we go drifting anyways? Burning tires is too damn expensive for my poor 7 bucks an hour *Censored**Censored**Censored*...

Comment

Originally posted by w1ngzer0

Let's answer this guy's question with a question:

Comment

Working...
                                X