in need of a mr2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in need of a mr2

What do yall think about an automatic turbo mr2 for a drift car or atleast a first car? I thought about a 240 but it is far too slow and it is hard to find one in good condition in sf. my parents wont get me a manual for a first so it will definitely be auto. if u guys live near me i will be getting my car around november so u can im me or email me if u got something in good condition.

p.s. i would rather have a red or dark green one

pz out yall

as a drift car? i would say no especially if you are starting out in drifting. and as an automatic? thats also a no. if you want to learn to control a car you're gonna need a manual transmission. MR2s are great cars IMO but its mainly a grip "touge" type of vehicle. their suspension charcteristics are not say the best for drifting and they have a tendecy to spin out.

P.S your first car is not gonna always be a fast car. check out something simple and cheap like a good ol civic hatchback or somesort just dont rice it out.

Comment

Originally posted by sidebyslide
      as a drift car? i would say no especially if you are starting out in drifting.
      I agree with sidebyslide. I had an mr2 and it would understeer like crazy, then oversteer like crazy. Fun car, but not a good first drift car.

Comment

240sx is not that slow man.
        And yeah try to get stick shift, I got my first car with a maunual at 14 years old. So your parents say your first car can't be a stick CONVINCE THEM. It is well worth it for this sport man.
        Hope I could help.
        If you want more power than a 240sx check out the older supra turbos or FCturbos. They put up some pretty good horses. Later.
        Last edited by DRIFTER-M; 03-06-2005, 08:53 PM.

Comment

the mr2 turbo never came in automatic. get an f-body if you want something fast, cheap, rwd, and automatic.

Comment

are you serious? damit
            hows the regular one? slow?

Comment

and it doesnt have to be a drift car as drift events are dam near impossible to find round here

Comment

and manual is out question cuz chances are that you will be more likely to crash in a manual and if i do than the insurance will sky rocket and my parents will be pissed or worse i may like get some crazy sh!t done to my leg and i cant play sports and sh!t no more and i will have to eat through a straw

Comment

and what the devil is an f-body

excuse the constant posting instead of editing (im trying to get my post count up)

Comment

Originally posted by boygenius_89
                    and what the devil is an f-body

excuse the constant posting instead of editing (im trying to get my post count up)
                    domestic talk

Comment

n/a mr2s can go from 0-60 in 7.2 sec, most likely even slower with an automatic.

i don't know where you got the idea that you are more likely to crash in a manual car, but you are FAR more likely to crash in a fast automatic than a slow
                      manual car. buy a manual civic or something and learn to drive stick, its way better in the long run.

p.s. f-bodies are camaro/firebirds

Comment

i know it has a quick 0-60 but thats just what my pops said. and i still dont know what on earth is an f-body is.

Comment

if you want a fast drift car get a E30 (that's a older BMW 3-series) that's what i got and it's a stick.....but if your still learning how to drive a car or stick for that matter get a cheap-o-nissan 300zx like a mid 80's one....fast safe cheap and rwd what more do you need..right?

Comment

...WHAT THE HECK DO YOU MEAN YOUR MORE LIKELY TO CRASH IN A STICK?
                            Ok look here are some things you can do...
                            Get a manual 240sx...Who said you have to learn how to drive it on the road, go around a parking lot, thats what I did.
                            Then save up some change...
                            Then do an Sr20det swap(that will give you speed).
                            I am not saying automatic is bad, just that manual is much better
                            Trust me, I am so glad I got my stick at a young age, helps alot!

Comment

Working...
                            X